For sustained speed and power. Boosts buffering in muscle, aids training and performance
Scientifically proven by equine and human research. Designed by Nature, Improved by Science
STORM® - The Science of Fatigue
Lactic acid build-up in muscles during any type of fast or strenuous exercise, including jumping, contributes to the build-up of hydrogen irons (H+), which makes muscle more acidic. Muscle acidosis contributes significantly to muscle fatigue, by interfering with muscle contraction and energy generation in tiring horses. Tired horses slow down, or can make crucial mistakes during competition. Muscle carnosine, a dipeptide buffer, offers a major defence against muscle fatigue through better management of muscle acidosis. Carnosine, which is found naturally in muscle, acts like a biological sponge, complexing with H+ to defend against muscle acidosis and delay fatigue.
STORM® - Unique Formulation
STORM® by Racing Blue provides a unique combination of ingredients including ProCarnosine® to boost muscle carnosine content, aiding training and performance by targeting acidosis, calcium regulation and oxidative stress in muscle during intense exercise.
STORM® - Scientifically Proven
Scientific studies in humans and horses* show that feeding STORM® will boost the level of carnosine in muscle. This results in a greater capacity to buffer H+ during exercise.
*Dunnett and Harris 1999
Storm® Equus provides a unique combination of ingredients including ProCarnosine®, to target acidosis, calcium regulation and oxidative stress in muscle.
STORM® - The Benefits
STORM® supports normal muscle function and allows horses to maintain their peak speed and power for longer. STORM® helps deliver effective training and optional performance. Practically horses should finish their faces more strongly, or in competition they should feel more able to carry out the work being asked for, as well as recovering more quickly.
STORM® has a proven track record in the UK, Middle East and Hong Kong for racing and other performance horses. And is suitable for all performance horses including those involved in racing, eventing, showjumping, endurance, polo and dressage.
STORM® conforms to the rules of racing and to FEI rules and each batch is tested prior to sale for the absence of specified prohibited substances (see website for details).
• Unique source of ProCarnosine®
• Boosts muscle Carnosine
• Fights muscle acidosis
• Regulates calcium within muscle cells
• Provides antioxidant support for muscle
• Maintains power output and delays muscle fatigue
• Supports normal muscle function and aids training and performance
Available in 3kg and 12kg
Daily Feeding Guide
- Feed 1 scoop (15g) twice per day
- Loading period 6-8 weeks
- Feed throughout the racing or competition season
STORM® is available in tub sizes of 3kg and 12kg. For a single horse, 3kg provides 3-months supply.
Our latest posts See all
Mitavite® XLR8® is an oat free, energy dense muesli style complete feed incorporating the benefits of steam extrusion and micronization, especially formulated for the racing thoroughbred and standardbred. XLR8® provides high levels of essential amino acids in a horse specific profile to assist with muscle function and recovery after strenuous work.
Unique Features of Mitavite XLR8®
• Highly palatable, high spec muesli style complete feed
• Packed with “horse perfect” amino acids, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes
• Contains Bonafide®, Mitavite’s exclusive Vitamin K supplement that supports bone density and soundness
Choose Mitavite XLR8® when
• Super Premium nutrition is part of your strategy
• Rapid recovery after hard work or racing is a priority
• You want your horses to have the support of Bonafide® every day
Mitavite® StudGro™ is a nutrient and energy dense complete feed specifically formulated to provide a quality, cost effective choice for breeding and spelling properties. Developed and supported by Mitavite’s team of Veterinarians and Nutritionists, StudGro™ supplies the nutritional requirements of mares, young stock and spellers in a highly digestible, easy to feed safe form. StudGro™ contains a full array of essential amino acids in a horse specific profile to aid the development of strong bones, tendons and muscles in young stock and the rapid recovery of race horses at rest.
Unique Features of Mitavite StudGro™
• Fully steam extruded for maximum digestibility
• Large nugget for convenient paddock feeding
• Highly palatable for even the fussiest eaters
• Formulated to support the development and replenishment of all body tissues.
• Packed with high quality ingredients
Choose Mitavite StudGro when
• You need a feed you can trust to nourish and nurture the growth and development of your young stock.
• You need an economical option for youngstock and broodmares
• You need a feed that will replenish muscle mass and restore good health in spelling race horses or horses affected by injury or illness.
• You are looking for a simple solution to suit all types of horses in your care.
Tried and trusted over many years, Mitavite® Economix Active® provides safe, cost effective nutrition for competition and show horses, working stock horses, pleasure horses and ponies and spellers in need of conditioning. Steam extruded to unlock the full nutritional value of its ingredients, Economix Active® is fortified with oils rich in Omega 3 to provide cool sustained energy.
Unique Features of Economix Active
• Fully steam extruded complete feed
• Nutritionally balanced to support active horses
• Barley based to support performance, weight gain and condition
• Highly palatable for even the fussiest eaters
Choose Economix Active when
• Your horse or pony is in regular work or competition
• You need to improve your horses condition or topline
• You want a complete feed that provides a good balance of protein, energy plus essential vitamins and minerals
Mitavite® Xtra-Cool® is the ideal choice for horses and ponies in light to medium work and for those horses or ponies that can’t tolerate, or don’t require high energy feeds. Xtra-Cool® contains a balanced formulation of vitamins, minerals, electrolytes and oils so you can be sure you are providing your horse or pony with the best in nutritional support without that heating effect.
Unique Features of Xtra-Cool
• Cool, non-heating formula
• Complete with vitamins, minerals and electrolytes
• Highly palatable & fully steam extruded
• Extra Magnesium for that calming effect
Choose Xtra-Cool when
• Your horse or pony is in light to medium exercise
• You horse can’t tolerate high grain rations
• You need a feed that keeps your horse looking good
• You need an economical, cool ration for spellers or breakers
Mitavite® Munga® is an economical, palatable, concentrated, low starch, gluten free muesli with no added grains that provides optimum levels of high quality, easily digested protein, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes that provides a balanced ration when fed to suggested levels with adequate roughage. It is ideal for all horses needing more top line and muscle and for sport, show and performance horses that can't tolerate high grain rations. It is an ideal choice for horses and ponies that are good doers that can easily become overweight or are prone to laminitis. If more energy is needed, steam extruded grains, Vitamite® Power-On® or vegetable oil can be added to the ration.
Unique Features of Mitavite Munga
• Low starch level of 5.2%
• Palatable, muesli style formulation with a low feeding rate
• Contains Bonafide®, Mitavite’s exclusive Vitamin K supplement that supports bone density and good health
• Contains high levels of Essential Amino Acids
• No added grains
• Munga can be feed alone or added to a base ration to improve the integrity of the diet.
Choose Mitavite Munga when
• Your horse is in light to medium work and would benefit from a concentrated source of protein, vitamins and minerals but without the energy of carbohydrates
• Your horse requires a better topline or more lean muscle development for good health and presentation
• Your horse fizzes up on grain based feeds
• Your horse or pony is prone to, or suffering from laminitis and requires a low starch diet.
This product contains BONAFIDE®