For sustained speed and power. Boosts buffering in muscle, aids training and performance
Scientifically proven by equine and human research. Designed by Nature, Improved by Science
STORM® - The Science of Fatigue
Lactic acid build-up in muscles during any type of fast or strenuous exercise, including jumping, contributes to the build-up of hydrogen irons (H+), which makes muscle more acidic. Muscle acidosis contributes significantly to muscle fatigue, by interfering with muscle contraction and energy generation in tiring horses. Tired horses slow down, or can make crucial mistakes during competition. Muscle carnosine, a dipeptide buffer, offers a major defence against muscle fatigue through better management of muscle acidosis. Carnosine, which is found naturally in muscle, acts like a biological sponge, complexing with H+ to defend against muscle acidosis and delay fatigue.
STORM® - Unique Formulation
STORM® by Racing Blue provides a unique combination of ingredients including ProCarnosine® to boost muscle carnosine content, aiding training and performance by targeting acidosis, calcium regulation and oxidative stress in muscle during intense exercise.
STORM® - Scientifically Proven
Scientific studies in humans and horses* show that feeding STORM® will boost the level of carnosine in muscle. This results in a greater capacity to buffer H+ during exercise.
*Dunnett and Harris 1999
Storm® Equus provides a unique combination of ingredients including ProCarnosine®, to target acidosis, calcium regulation and oxidative stress in muscle.
STORM® - The Benefits
STORM® supports normal muscle function and allows horses to maintain their peak speed and power for longer. STORM® helps deliver effective training and optional performance. Practically horses should finish their faces more strongly, or in competition they should feel more able to carry out the work being asked for, as well as recovering more quickly.
STORM® has a proven track record in the UK, Middle East and Hong Kong for racing and other performance horses. And is suitable for all performance horses including those involved in racing, eventing, showjumping, endurance, polo and dressage.
STORM® conforms to the rules of racing and to FEI rules and each batch is tested prior to sale for the absence of specified prohibited substances (see website for details).
• Unique source of ProCarnosine®
• Boosts muscle Carnosine
• Fights muscle acidosis
• Regulates calcium within muscle cells
• Provides antioxidant support for muscle
• Maintains power output and delays muscle fatigue
• Supports normal muscle function and aids training and performance
Available in 3kg and 12kg
Daily Feeding Guide
- Feed 1 scoop (15g) twice per day
- Loading period 6-8 weeks
- Feed throughout the racing or competition season
STORM® is available in tub sizes of 3kg and 12kg. For a single horse, 3kg provides 3-months supply.
Our latest posts See all
Mitavite® Extru® Grains provide effective, safe feed-room options. Lupins are an excellent source of protein and can play a role in building and repairing body tissue. Steam extrusion not only improves digestibility, but limits the damage caused to the essential amino acid by processing such as pelleting micronisation and dry extrusion. Also available in Mitavite® bulka bags.
Mitavite® Economix Active® has been tried and trusted over many years. It provides safe, cost effective nutrition for competition and show horses, working stock horses, pleasure horses and ponies and spellers in need of conditioning. Steam extruded to unlock the full nutritional value of its ingredients, Economix Active® is fortified with oils rich in Omega 3 to provide cool sustained energy.
Unique Features of Economix Active
- Fully steam extruded complete feed.
- Nutritionally balanced to support active horses.
- Barley based to support performance, weight gain and condition.
- Highly palatable for even the fussiest eaters.
- Fortified with oils rich in Omega 3 to provide cool sustained energy.
- No Added Soy & Molasses*
Choose Economix Active when
- Your horse or pony is in regular work or competition
- You need to improve your horses condition or topline
- You want a complete feed that provides a good balance of energy, protein plus essential vitamins and minerals
Mitavite® Xtra-Cool® is the ideal choice for horses and ponies in light to medium work and for those that can’t tolerate, or don’t require high energy feeds. The uniquely 'x' shaped Xtra-Cool® contains a balanced formulation of vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, oils and extra Magnesium so you can be sure you are providing your horse or pony with the best in nutritional support without that heating effect.
Unique Features of Xtra-Cool
• Cool, non-heating formula.
• Complete with vitamins, minerals and electrolytes.
• Highly palatable & fully steam extruded.
• Extra Magnesium for that calming effect.
• No Added Soy & Molasses*.
• Unique 'X' shaped pellets.
Choose Xtra-Cool when
• Your horse or pony is in light to medium work
• Your horse can’t tolerate high grain rations
• You need a feed that keeps your horse looking good
• You need an economical, cool ration for spellers or breakers
Mitavite® Athlete Plus® is rich in scientifically balanced nutrients, trace minerals and electrolytes. Athlete®'s high levels of Essential Amino Acids assists with the rapid replenishment of fuel stores and muscle repair after fast work or racing, reducing recovery time. When mixed with grains of your choice, the palatable muesli style formulation of Athlete Plus® provides a complete ration for your high performance equine athlete.
Unique Features of Mitavite Athlete Plus®
- Muesli style base concentrate, packed with essential nutrients and electrolytes.
- Mitavite’s exclusive amino acid profile to support athletic performance and recovery.
- Contains Bonafide®, Mitavite®’s exclusive Vitamin K supplement that supports bone density and soundness.
Choose Mitavite Athlete Plus® when
- You want the option to adjust the grain ration for individual horses
- You need a concentrate with all Essential Amino Acids, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes required for race horses
- You want to use a feed that continues to be a proven performer at Group level
- You are wanting to support bone density and good health with Bonafide®, Mitavite®’s exclusive Vitamin K supplement.
Dr Biff’s® Vits & Trace Mins provides a balanced source of essential nutrients when only hay or dry pasture is able to be fed. Suitable for horses that cannot have access to good quality pasture or who are unable to tolerate dietary starch or sugars.
Important: Ensure sufficient fibre is fed in the form of pasture, hay or chaff
Choose Dr Biff’s® Vits & Trace Mins when
- Your horse or pony needs to reduce excessive weight
- Your horse or pony is prone to, or suffering from Laminitis
- You need to support a low-starch low-sugar diets e.g. in Metabolic Syndrome, PSSM
- You need to add nutritional value to a high fibre-high fat ration