Supports Weight Gain & Prize Winning Presentation
Vitamite® Show Primer® is a cool, low dose, high oil supplement for use when prize winning condition and presentation is required. Suitable and safe for horses and ponies, Show Primer® is highly palatable and easy to use in conjunction with your horse's usual diet.
Contains Echinaea Herbs
Show Primer® contains added Echinacea herbs for all-round good health and wellbeing. Trials have show that Echinacea supplementation can act as a blood booster by increasing the concentration of red blood cells in horses, supporting oxygen supply.
Magnesium is an important electrolyte that has a role in the metabolism of bone and energy in the horse. Cool, calm behaviour can be encouraged by providing the correct level of Magnesium in the diet, as deficiencies may have a negative impact on the nervous system.
Unique Features of Vitamite Show Primer
• High oil palatable rice bran based supplement
• Low GI and low gluten levels
• Contains Echinacea herbs to support good health
• Contains extra magnesium for that calming effect
Choose Vitamite Show Primer when
• You horse needs to add weight and condition
• Prize winning presentation is important to you
• You want a cool energy source
• You don’t want to fizz up your horse or pony
Available in 15kg bags
Stabilised rice bran, wheat bran, minerals, echinacea, molasses and salt
Daily Feeding Guide
For best results, add Show Primer® to a balanced diet that includes adequate roughage, Show Primer® is ideal for use with low starch concentrates such as Mitavite Munga® to add cover and condition to your horse or pony, without the heating effect of raw grains.
|Feeding Guide||Amount per day|
|Miniature horses and small ponies||150g-250g|
|Horses up to 450kgs||500g-1kg|
|Horses from 450kgs to 600kgs||1kg-1.5kg|
Show Primer® should be used in conjuntion with a balanced equine diet. Feeding rates are a guide only.
|ANALYSIS (as fed)|
|ENERGY DE (MJ/KG)||15|
|NUTRIENT LEVELS in 1kg|
Our latest posts See all
Mitavite® Gumnuts® is Australia’s original and most trusted feed especially formulated for aged horses and ponies. Highly nutritious, palatable and safe to feed, Gumnuts® provides a unique balance of vitamins and minerals specifically formulated to address the challenges of old age. Omega 3 oils, antioxidants and essential amino acids are provided in a highly digestible form. Gumnuts® reduces to a soft mash when water is added.
Unique Features of Mitavite Gumnuts
- Fully steam extruded to maximise digestibility and nutrient utilization
- Nutrient dense to provide optimal nutrition for older horses and ponies
- Contains Bonafide® to support bone density
Choose Mitavite Gumnuts when
- Your cherished old horse or pony is struggling to maintain muscle mass and topline.
- Your older horse has poor teeth and needs his feed softened to a mash
- You horse needs the support of a premium feed during the colder months or when pasture is limited.
- Digestive function is compromised
An aid in the prevention and treatment of hoof disorders:
- Injured or poor quality hooves, thin brittle walls and thin soles
- Easily bruised heels, poorly formed frogs
- Horses or ponies with laminitis.
- Very palatable formulation
An aid in the prevention and treatment of hoof disorders such as injured or poor quality hooves, thin brittle walls, thin soles, easily bruised heels, poorly formed frogs or laminitis.
The supplement provides all nutrients required to accelerate keratin production. Whilst keratin production happens naturally in response to injury or insult, it can only occur if all nutrients required are available and consumed daily.
It has dramatic effects on the rate of hoof repair and regeneration and unlike many Methionine-containing supplements which deter feeding, this supplement is very palatable. It is also non-siftable which defeats the horse’s ability to leave a portion of powder in the feed.
Dr Biff’s Hoof Supplement contains
Biotin – well recognised as a rate-limiting nutrient for hoof growth and hoof quality.
Methionine – and Cysteine which can be synthesised from it, are the sulphur containing amino acids which are required more by keratin than any other tissue, often deficient when accelerated growth is required.
Zinc – if supply is marginal, tissue with abnormal demand is the first to suffer.
Vitamin E – essential to additional keratin production.
Vitamin A – one of the carotenoids essential to all keratinized tissues, needed mostly by horses not on high quality fresh pasture.
Omega-3 – all membranes, including hoof wall microtubules, and laminae, must have omega-3 to be built with suppleness and strength.
Iodine – iodine- deficient horses often show poor hoof quality
Vitamite® Bonafide® explained:
- The active ingredient in Bonafide® is Quinaquanone, a water soluble, bio-available form of Vitamin K1 & K2.
- Vitamin K1 & K2 has a critical effect on the function of osteocalcin, the bone protein that binds the mineral and protein in bone together. Without sufficient Vitamin K the binding process is incomplete and low density or defective bone and cartilage are produced.
- Vitamin K1 & K2 are naturally available in fresh, growing green pasture but it is highly unstable, being degraded by UV light, wilting or “wintering off”.
- Horses that do not have constant access to high quality pasture are likely to be deficient in Vitamin K, leading to a reduction in bone density and bone strength.
- Horses removed from Vitamin K rich pasture and brought into a box/yard regime have demonstrated a reduction in bone density within 7-10 days.
- There is an established correlation between bone density and the incidence of OCDs and DODs in yearlings and DMD (shinsoreness) in 2 year olds.
- Bonafide® is the first product to contain Quinaquanone, a bioavailable form of Vitamin K1 and K2.
The Mitavite® range of super premium breeding and race feeds now contain Bonafide®. These include the market leading race feeds Formula 3®, Athlete Plus™ and XLR8®, our trusted breeding feeds Breeda®, Promita® and Yearling Prep®, our speciality feed for old horses Gumnuts® and our muesli concentrate Munga®.
Trials have showed a marked increase in bone density on BONAFIDE treated two year olds.
26 Two year old thoroughbred racehorses at commencement of training for racing were divided into two groups. One group 'BONAFIDE' RECEIVED 7MG Vitamin K formulation each day in feed for six months.
The other group “Control” received an apparently identical powder containing no natural Vitamin K.
Digital radiographs of the left third metacarpal bone and an adjacent aluminium step wedge were taken at carious intervals. The radiographic density of the bone and the step wedge wer measured and RBAE (radiographic bone aluminium equivalence) calculated.
At each subsequent measurement the RBAE for each horse was compared to its initial RBAE and the percentage change recorded.
Bonafide is now available in selected Mitavite feeds
The MITAVITE range of super premium breeding, sport and lifestyle and race feeds now contain BONAFIDE.
These include the market leading race feeds FORMULA 3, ATHLETE PLUS, XLR8, ENERGIZA and IMPACTA, our trusted breeding feeds BREEDA, PROMITA and YEARLING PREP, our speciality feed for old horses GUMNUTS and our muesli concentrate MUNGA.
Vitamite® Power-On® is a highly digestible, steam extruded, concentrated rice extract that is suitable to be added to all equine diets to provide high levels of oil and cool energy to assist with conditioning and top line. Power-On® provides a cool, safe, sustained energy level that minimises sugar fluctuations and spikes, compared with raw grains such as corn or barley. Exercising horses benefit from the increased levels of Selenium and Vitamin E that assist with muscle function and the Ferulic Acid found in Power-On® provides natural antioxidants that protect cell membranes from exercise induced damage.
Simply add Power-On® to a Mitavite complete feed or nutrient balancer to:
- Enhance condition for race horses and sport horses in work.
- For poor doers needing more weight.
- To enhance cover on yearlings being prepared for sale or show horses and ponies.
- For horses prone to tying up that need a low starch energy source.
- For fizzy horses needing a cool energy source.
Vitamite® Anazolic® is a potent source of gamma-oryzanol.
Anazolic® is Australia's first registered source of supplementary gamma oryzanol, providing over 1200mg per dose to reach levels necessary for improved appetite.
Gamma Oryzanol, a natural, plant derived anti-oxidant, has been shown to be anabolic and have a protective effect against stress-induced stomach ulcers in other species.
Anazolic® is a valuable nutritional tool for:
- Horses with reduced appetite under hard work or racing
- Yearlings being prepared for sale
- Horses that require more topline and muscling
Registered with APVMA as an appetite stimulant for horses.
Not available in New Zealand.