A horse perfect blend of chelated mineral salts to support correct electrolyte balance.
Vitamite® Re-Lyte® is a scientific blend of chelated mineral slats that is closely matched to the horse's sweat to replace the correct quantity of electrolytes in the horse. Horses fed Mitavite feeds to recommended levels will generally not need additional electrolytes, unless under veterinary advice.
Electrolytes are an important part of the horses diet and are needed by the horse daily to regulate the correct acid base balance to prevent dehydration, for proper nerve and muscle function and enzyme action. Imbalances in electrolytes can affect performance, feed intake, muscle and heart function and bring on fatigue sooner.
Re-Lyte® provides the correct balance of electrolytes in a high quality bioavailable, well absorbed formula. Re-Lyte® has been formulated to be fed in addition to Mitavite® feeds for horses that need additional electrolytes. Veterinarians usually recommend Re-Lyte® when additional electrolytes are required.
Re-Lyte® helps to keep your horse's electrolytes in the right balance by providing a quality electrolyte mix matched to your horse's needs. When feeding electrolytes always ensure your horse has ad lib access to fresh water.
Available in 2kg, 10kg & 20kg varieties.
Our latest posts See all
An aid in the prevention and treatment of hoof disorders:
- Injured or poor quality hooves, thin brittle walls and thin soles
- Easily bruised heels, poorly formed frogs
- Horses or ponies with laminitis.
- Very palatable formulation
An aid in the prevention and treatment of hoof disorders such as injured or poor quality hooves, thin brittle walls, thin soles, easily bruised heels, poorly formed frogs or laminitis.
The supplement provides all nutrients required to accelerate keratin production. Whilst keratin production happens naturally in response to injury or insult, it can only occur if all nutrients required are available and consumed daily.
It has dramatic effects on the rate of hoof repair and regeneration and unlike many Methionine-containing supplements which deter feeding, this supplement is very palatable. It is also non-siftable which defeats the horse’s ability to leave a portion of powder in the feed.
Dr Biff’s Hoof Supplement contains
Biotin – well recognised as a rate-limiting nutrient for hoof growth and hoof quality.
Methionine – and Cysteine which can be synthesised from it, are the sulphur containing amino acids which are required more by keratin than any other tissue, often deficient when accelerated growth is required.
Zinc – if supply is marginal, tissue with abnormal demand is the first to suffer.
Vitamin E – essential to additional keratin production.
Vitamin A – one of the carotenoids essential to all keratinized tissues, needed mostly by horses not on high quality fresh pasture.
Omega-3 – all membranes, including hoof wall microtubules, and laminae, must have omega-3 to be built with suppleness and strength.
Iodine – iodine- deficient horses often show poor hoof quality
Mitavite® Athlete Plus™ is rich in scientifically balanced nutrients, trace minerals and electrolytes and is packed with high levels of essential amino acids in a horse specific profile to assist with the rapid replenishment of fuel stores and to aid recovery and muscle repair after fast work or racing. When mixed with grains, the palatable muesli style formulation of Athlete Plus provides a complete ration for your high performance equine athlete.
Unique Features of Mitavite Athlete Plus®
- Muesli style base concentrate, packed with essential nutrients
- Mitavite’s exclusive amino acid profile to support athletic performance and recovery
- Contains Bonafide®, Mitavite’s exclusive Vitamin K supplement that supports bone density and soundness
- To 2 kgs per day, just add your choice of grains
Choose Mitavite Athlete Plus® when
- You want to use the feed that champion trainers use
- You want the option to adjust the grain ration for individual horses
- It is important that a concentrate provides all amino acid, vitamin, mineral and electrolyte requirements for racing horses.
- You want your horses to have the support of Bonafide® every day
Vitamite® Bonafide® explained:
- The active ingredient in Bonafide® is Quinaquanone, a water soluble, bio-available form of Vitamin K1 & K2.
- Vitamin K1 & K2 has a critical effect on the function of osteocalcin, the bone protein that binds the mineral and protein in bone together. Without sufficient Vitamin K the binding process is incomplete and low density or defective bone and cartilage are produced.
- Vitamin K1 & K2 are naturally available in fresh, growing green pasture but it is highly unstable, being degraded by UV light, wilting or “wintering off”.
- Horses that do not have constant access to high quality pasture are likely to be deficient in Vitamin K, leading to a reduction in bone density and bone strength.
- Horses removed from Vitamin K rich pasture and brought into a box/yard regime have demonstrated a reduction in bone density within 7-10 days.
- There is an established correlation between bone density and the incidence of OCDs and DODs in yearlings and DMD (shinsoreness) in 2 year olds.
- Bonafide® is the first product to contain Quinaquanone, a bioavailable form of Vitamin K1 and K2.
The Mitavite® range of super premium breeding and race feeds now contain Bonafide®. These include the market leading race feeds Formula 3®, Athlete Plus™ and XLR8®, our trusted breeding feeds Breeda®, Promita® and Yearling Prep®, our speciality feed for old horses Gumnuts® and our muesli concentrate Munga®.
Trials have showed a marked increase in bone density on BONAFIDE treated two year olds.
26 Two year old thoroughbred racehorses at commencement of training for racing were divided into two groups. One group 'BONAFIDE' RECEIVED 7MG Vitamin K formulation each day in feed for six months.
The other group “Control” received an apparently identical powder containing no natural Vitamin K.
Digital radiographs of the left third metacarpal bone and an adjacent aluminium step wedge were taken at carious intervals. The radiographic density of the bone and the step wedge wer measured and RBAE (radiographic bone aluminium equivalence) calculated.
At each subsequent measurement the RBAE for each horse was compared to its initial RBAE and the percentage change recorded.
Bonafide is now available in selected Mitavite feeds
The MITAVITE range of super premium breeding, sport and lifestyle and race feeds now contain BONAFIDE.
These include the market leading race feeds FORMULA 3, ATHLETE PLUS, XLR8, ENERGIZA and IMPACTA, our trusted breeding feeds BREEDA, PROMITA and YEARLING PREP, our speciality feed for old horses GUMNUTS and our muesli concentrate MUNGA.
Calcium complex for maximum bioavailability.
Calcium is an essential mineral, supporting correct, healthy bone development and remodelling in growing and adult horses. Many grasses, including kikuyu, buffel, pangola, setaria, stargrass and panics contain high levels of oxalate, which bind calcium, limiting it's availability to grazing horses even when pasture is plentiful.
Vitamite® Bone Power™ uses advanced complexing technology to optimise calcium uptake.
- Palatable high-dose calcium supplementary
- Prepared using advanced complexing technology to optimise calcium bioavailability
- Contains a significantly large dose of Vitamin D to enhance calcium uptake
- High doses of B vitamins and trace minerals essential for bone health
- Restores calcium-phosphorous balance in horses on high grain or high phytate diets
- Allows calcium availability in horses on pastures containing oxalates
Vitamite® Power-On® is a highly digestible, steam extruded, concentrated rice extract that is suitable to be added to all equine diets to provide high levels of oil and cool energy to assist with conditioning and top line. Power-On® provides a cool, safe, sustained energy level that minimises sugar fluctuations and spikes, compared with raw grains such as corn or barley. Exercising horses benefit from the increased levels of Selenium and Vitamin E that assist with muscle function and the Ferulic Acid found in Power-On® provides natural antioxidants that protect cell membranes from exercise induced damage.
Simply add Power-On® to a Mitavite complete feed or nutrient balancer to:
- Enhance condition for race horses and sport horses in work.
- For poor doers needing more weight.
- To enhance cover on yearlings being prepared for sale or show horses and ponies.
- For horses prone to tying up that need a low starch energy source.
- For fizzy horses needing a cool energy source.