A horse perfect blend of chelated mineral salts to support correct electrolyte balance.
Vitamite® Re-Lyte® is a scientific blend of chelated mineral slats that is closely matched to the horse's sweat to replace the correct quantity of electrolytes in the horse. Horses fed Mitavite feeds to recommended levels will generally not need additional electrolytes, unless under veterinary advice.
Electrolytes are an important part of the horses diet and are needed by the horse daily to regulate the correct acid base balance to prevent dehydration, for proper nerve and muscle function and enzyme action. Imbalances in electrolytes can affect performance, feed intake, muscle and heart function and bring on fatigue sooner.
Re-Lyte® provides the correct balance of electrolytes in a high quality bioavailable, well absorbed formula. Re-Lyte® has been formulated to be fed in addition to Mitavite® feeds for horses that need additional electrolytes. Veterinarians usually recommend Re-Lyte® when additional electrolytes are required.
Re-Lyte® helps to keep your horse's electrolytes in the right balance by providing a quality electrolyte mix matched to your horse's needs. When feeding electrolytes always ensure your horse has ad lib access to fresh water.
Available in 2kg, 10kg & 20kg varieties.
Our latest posts See all
A rich, natural source of Omega 3, 6 & 9 Fatty acids. Helping keep the balance right for your horse by combining Omega 3 rich vegetable and fish oils with added garlic.
- Performa 3 Oil suits all performance disciplines; including breeding as a cool energy source.
Omega 3 oils are a group of unsaturated fatty acids that cannot be synthesised by the horse and are therefore required in the diet. The three essential omega 3 fatty acids are: alpha-linolenic acid which is found in vegetable oils such as canola and linseed. The other longer chain Omega 3 fatty acids are only found in fish oil. These are Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). As DHA and EPA are absent from plant food sources and the conversion of alpha-linolenic acid to DHA and EPA is inefficient the most direct way of providing these valuable long chain Omega 3 oils is by supplementation. Performa 3 oil provides serious levels of DHA and EPA.
Mitavite® Promita® is a concentrated low starch feed balancer that provides high levels of quality, easily digested protein, high levels of Essential Amino Acids, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes. Promita® is an ideal additive to reinforce diets at critical growth periods such as mares in the last 3 months of pregnancy or during lactation. Also suitable for foals and weanlings, horses recovering from injury, surgery or are prone to laminitis, in light work, or good doers needing all the essential vitamins and minerals.
Unique Features of Promita
- Concentrated, high protein balancer.
- Fully steam extruded for optimum digestibility.
- High levels of Essential Amino Acids.
- Low in starch.
- Provides extra energy and condition during training.
- Contains Bonafide®, Mitavite®'s exclusive Vitamin K supplement that supports bone density and good health.
- No Added Molasses*
Choose Promita when
- There is adequate pasture but you need all essential nutrients with a low feeding rate
- You need a low starch concentrate that will support optimal bone and muscle development
- You need one feed suitable for pregnant or lactating mares, young stock, stallions, spellers, good doers and horses in light work.
- Your horse needs a low feeding rate due to being overweight, or it may be prone to or suffering from laminitis
- You are wanting to support bone density and good health with Bonafide®, Mitavite®’s exclusive vitamin K supplement.
Mitavite® Extru® Grains provide effective, safe feed-room options. Lupins are an excellent source of protein and can play a role in building and repairing body tissue. Steam extrusion not only improves digestibility, but limits the damage caused to the essential amino acid by processing such as pelleting micronisation and dry extrusion. Also available in Mitavite® bulka bags.
Mitavite® Economix Active® has been tried and trusted over many years. It provides safe, cost effective nutrition for competition and show horses, working stock horses, pleasure horses and ponies and spellers in need of conditioning. Steam extruded to unlock the full nutritional value of its ingredients, Economix Active® is fortified with oils rich in Omega 3 to provide cool sustained energy.
Unique Features of Economix Active
- Fully steam extruded complete feed.
- Nutritionally balanced to support active horses.
- Barley based to support performance, weight gain and condition.
- Highly palatable for even the fussiest eaters.
- Fortified with oils rich in Omega 3 to provide cool sustained energy.
- No Added Soy & Molasses*
Choose Economix Active when
- Your horse or pony is in regular work or competition
- You need to improve your horses condition or topline
- You want a complete feed that provides a good balance of energy, protein plus essential vitamins and minerals
Mitavite® Xtra-Cool® is the ideal choice for horses and ponies in light to medium work and for those that can’t tolerate, or don’t require high energy feeds. The uniquely 'x' shaped Xtra-Cool® contains a balanced formulation of vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, oils and extra Magnesium so you can be sure you are providing your horse or pony with the best in nutritional support without that heating effect.
Unique Features of Xtra-Cool
• Cool, non-heating formula.
• Complete with vitamins, minerals and electrolytes.
• Highly palatable & fully steam extruded.
• Extra Magnesium for that calming effect.
• No Added Soy & Molasses*.
• Unique 'X' shaped pellets.
Choose Xtra-Cool when
• Your horse or pony is in light to medium work
• Your horse can’t tolerate high grain rations
• You need a feed that keeps your horse looking good
• You need an economical, cool ration for spellers or breakers