1. Privacy Act
Inghams Enterprises Pty Ltd (we, us or our) is an organisation for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1988 (Act), and is subject to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Act.
This Policy is intended to cover most personal information handled by us, but is not exhaustive. If you have any queries about our management of your personal information, please contact us for further information.
No general exemptions under the Act apply to us, or to any of our acts or practices.
3. How We Collect, Hold, Use and Disclose Personal Information
We will collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so, and will limit the personal information we collect to that which is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities.
If you fail to provide personal information requested by us, there may be a range of consequences, for example we may be unable to process or respond to your request.
We may, in some circumstances, collect personal information about you from third parties, in which case we will take reasonable steps to notify you of that information and the circumstances of its collection. Specific circumstances where we collect personal information from third parties may include web hosting providers, service providers and Ingham product promotions (which are drawn by third parties).
There will not usually be Australian laws or court/tribunal orders which require or authorise us to collect your personal information. However, if such laws or orders do apply, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of them.
3.2 Use and Disclosure
We will generally only use or disclose your personal information for the purpose for which we collected it, and for related purposes we consider will be within your reasonable expectations. Otherwise, we will seek your consent prior to using or disclosing your personal information for another purpose (unless we are required or permitted by law to do so without seeking permission).
We generally use your personal information to:
- provide the service requested, respond to your enquiries, send you information that you request, or otherwise achieve the purpose for which the information was submitted to us;
- streamline and personalise your experience within our web site, or tailor our information, services or products;
- enable your involvement in promotions and other activities you participate in;
- create aggregate data about our visitors and other statistics to allow for more efficient operation of our web site;
- seek feedback from you and perform market research;
- contact you with marketing and promotional communications including special offers, promotions and information about the products and services offered by us; and
- engage in other activities where required or permitted by law.
We may use personal information to contact you for marketing and promotional purposes. You may request not to receive these communications by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details set out in section 11 below, or by using the opt out function provided for in those communications. If you do not opt out in either of these ways you will be taken to have consented to receiving such communications from us.
There are no consequences of opting out of receiving our marketing and promotional communications except that you will no longer receive them, and you may elect to rejoin our marketing list at a later stage if you wish.
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Information may be stored on secured web hosting providers storage.
Specific security measures we employ include password protection, firewalls, encryption, and implementing regular software updates and security patches. We undertake regular monitoring and improvement of our practices and systems to ensure the effectiveness our security policies.
We will endeavour to destroy or de-identify your personal information as soon as it is no longer required by us (where permitted by law).
4. Access to and Correction of Personal Information
You may contact us to request access to or correction of the personal information about you that we hold. We may refuse to allow you to access or to correct your personal information if we are legally required or entitled to do so. If we do so, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal (unless it is unreasonable to do so) and the options available to complain about the refusal.
We may require you to pay a fee in order to access your personal information held by us. We will advise the amount of the fee payable (if any) once we have assessed your application for access. We will not charge a fee for you to lodge a request for access to or correction of your personal information.
If you lodge a request for access, we may provide you with access to your personal information in any of a number of ways (including, for example, supplying you with a copy or providing you with the opportunity to inspect it).
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up-to-date and complete. If we are satisfied that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will amend our records accordingly.
Please notify us if your personal details change so that we may keep our records current.
5. Kinds of Personal Information We Collect and Hold
The personal information about you we may collect and hold includes but is not limited to your name and address, contact telephone number(s) and/or email address(es). We may also hold other personal information that you volunteer to us.
We do not generally collect (or, if it is provided by you to us, retain) any sensitive information about you.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information to Other Organisations and Overseas
We may disclose your personal information to:
- certain contractors or subcontractors of ours that provide administrative or promotional services (for example, mail processing businesses, printers, market research companies or other service providers). We enter into contractual agreements with these organisations to ensure that information we disclose is used only for the limited purposes for which we have provided it; and
- our related bodies corporate. For example, we may disclose your information to our parent company and or subsidiary company, Inghams Enterprises (NZ) Pty Ltd located in New Zealand.
We may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients if it is required to fulfil the purpose for which we collected it, in which case we must take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles as required by Australian Privacy Principle 8. However, we are not generally likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients except our related bodies corporate (as mentioned above).
7. Online Privacy
Generally, we collect personal information about you in the following circumstances:
- you register as a user of our web site;
- you send us an e-mail or otherwise contact us (eg, by telephone);
- you post a message to our message board;
- you give us personal information when using any part of the web site; or
- you use our services.
7.1 Automatic Server Logs
Our web site server automatically collects various items of information when you use our web site, including:
- your IP (Internet Protocol) address (which, in general terms, is a unique identifier assigned to your computer when it is connected to the Internet);
- the operating system and Internet browser software you are currently using; and
- the data that you download (such as web pages or other document files or software), and the time that you download it.
We do not attempt to identify people using this information, and only use it for statistical analysis, system administration, and similar related purposes. This information is not disclosed to any other party.
7.3 Email and Message Forms
We may collect personal information from you (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address, and any other personal information you volunteer) if you send us email or if you submit information to us using a message or feedback form. We will use this personal information to contact you to respond to your message, to send you information that you request, and for other related purposes we consider are within your reasonable expectations. We will not use or disclose any such information for any other purpose without your consent.
7.4 Storage and Transmission of Personal Information Online
If you provide any personal information to us via our online services (including email) or if we provide such information to you by such means, the privacy, security and integrity of this information cannot be guaranteed during its transmission unless we have indicated beforehand that a particular transaction or transmission of information will be protected (for example, by encryption).
If we receive your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to store it such that unauthorised access, modification, disclosure, misuse and loss are prevented.
7.5 Other Online Services
If you believe that a breach of your privacy has occurred, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your concerns. Our contact details can be found in section 11 below.
Your complaint will be considered and dealt with by our Privacy Officer. If the breach is deemed to be serious, the Privacy Officer may escalate the complaint internally within our company.
Please allow us a reasonable time to respond to your compliant. If you are not satisfied with our resolution, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner whose contact details can be found at: http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
10. Further Information
You may contact us if you require further information about the ways we manage your personal information.
11. Contact Information
Inghams Enterprises Pty Ltd
1 January 2014