Vitamite® Performa 3® Oil
A rich, natural source of Omega 3, 6 & 9 Fatty acids.
A rich, natural source of Omega 3, 6 & 9 Fatty acids. Helping keep the balance right for your horse by combining Omega 3 rich vegetable and fish oils with added garlic to help aid immunity.
- Performa 3® oil is an excellent choice for all horses, with benefits being seen across all disciplines and ages
- All performance disciplines may benefit with lowered heart rates, lower packed cell volumes and enhanced red blood cell formation, suppleness and flexibility as well as improved red blood cell strength – all vital for peak performance.
- Lung health may be improved due to decreased inflammation and improved blood circulation.
- Breeding stock may benefit with enhanced fertility and improved sperm motility when the sperm has been frozen or chilled
- Horses with cartilage degradation and inflammation may see an improvement in symptoms and all horses may benefit from improved joint maintenance.
- Performa 3® Oil is a cool energy source as well as supporting general health and well being.
Omega 3 oils are a group of unsaturated fatty acids that cannot be synthesised by the horse and are therefore required in the diet. The three essential omega 3 fatty acids are: alpha-linolenic acid which is found in vegetable oils such as canola and linseed. The other longer chain Omega 3 fatty acids are only found in fish oil. These are Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and Docoshohexanoic acid (DHA). As DHA and EPA are absent from plant food sources and the conversion of alpha-linolenic acid to DHA and EPA is inefficient the most direct way of providing these valuable long chain Omega 3 oils is by supplementation. Performa 3 oil provides serious levels of DHA and EPA.
Research in human and animal nutritional have provided many advantages for feeding Omega 3 rich oils, particularly DHA and EPA.
- Omega 6 oils have a pro-inflammatory affect on joints, skin and hooves. By moving the balance of power to the Omega 3 oils inflammatory responses are reduced.
- Research on horses supplemented with fish oil found the horses had lower heart rates and lower packed cells volumes during exercise. This can have a favourable impact on the time to fatigue.
- Omega 3 supplementation enhances red blood cell formation, suppleness and flexibility. There is an improvement in blood vessel strength, elasticity of connective tissue and membrane flexibility with Omega 3 supplementation.
- Lung health improves due to decreased inflammation and improved blood circulation. This can be beneficial for horses with exercise induced pulmonary haemorrhaging.
- Omega 3 supplementation increases insulin sensitivity. This increases the uptake and storage of glucose and ultimately the energy available to the horse.
- Bone and lipid metabolism is improved when Omega 3 fatty acids are used.
- Cartilage degradation and the pain and inflammation associated with degenerative joint disease such as arthritis is reduced with Omega 3 supplementation.
- Anxiety and anti-stress responses are reduced with fish oil supplementation, including improvement in nervous system structure and function.
- DHA-rich Omega 3 supplements are beneficial to the breeding stallion by enhancing fertility and improving sperm motility when the semen has been frozen.
Available in 5L, 20L & 200L varieties.
Daily Feeding Guide
Mix thoroughly into daily feeds
Commence feeding at 25-30mls per day and increase gradually over 10-14 days to 50ml - 100ml for ponies and 100ml - 200ml for horses.
Recommended daily rates
Racing & Performance 50-150mls
Breeding & Stallions 100-200mls
General use & older horses 50-150mls
Vitamite Performa 3 can be used in conjunction with other oils.
Our latest posts See all
Mitavite® Extru® Grains provide effective, safe feed-room options. Lupins are an excellent source of protein and can play a role in building and repairing body tissue. Steam extrusion not only improves digestibility, but limits the damage caused to the essential amino acid by processing such as pelleting micronisation and dry extrusion. Also available in Mitavite® bulka bags.
Mitavite® Economix Active® has been tried and trusted over many years. It provides safe, cost effective nutrition for competition and show horses, working stock horses, pleasure horses and ponies and spellers in need of conditioning. Steam extruded to unlock the full nutritional value of its ingredients, Economix Active® is fortified with oils rich in Omega 3 to provide cool sustained energy.
Unique Features of Economix Active
- Fully steam extruded complete feed.
- Nutritionally balanced to support active horses.
- Barley based to support performance, weight gain and condition.
- Highly palatable for even the fussiest eaters.
- Fortified with oils rich in Omega 3 to provide cool sustained energy.
- No Added Soy & Molasses*
Choose Economix Active when
- Your horse or pony is in regular work or competition
- You need to improve your horses condition or topline
- You want a complete feed that provides a good balance of energy, protein plus essential vitamins and minerals
Mitavite® Xtra-Cool® is the ideal choice for horses and ponies in light to medium work and for those that can’t tolerate, or don’t require high energy feeds. The uniquely 'x' shaped Xtra-Cool® contains a balanced formulation of vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, oils and extra Magnesium so you can be sure you are providing your horse or pony with the best in nutritional support without that heating effect.
Unique Features of Xtra-Cool
• Cool, non-heating formula.
• Complete with vitamins, minerals and electrolytes.
• Highly palatable & fully steam extruded.
• Extra Magnesium for that calming effect.
• No Added Soy & Molasses*.
• Unique 'X' shaped pellets.
Choose Xtra-Cool when
• Your horse or pony is in light to medium work
• Your horse can’t tolerate high grain rations
• You need a feed that keeps your horse looking good
• You need an economical, cool ration for spellers or breakers
Mitavite® Athlete Plus® is rich in scientifically balanced nutrients, trace minerals and electrolytes. Athlete®'s high levels of Essential Amino Acids assists with the rapid replenishment of fuel stores and muscle repair after fast work or racing, reducing recovery time. When mixed with grains of your choice, the palatable muesli style formulation of Athlete Plus® provides a complete ration for your high performance equine athlete.
Unique Features of Mitavite Athlete Plus®
- Muesli style base concentrate, packed with essential nutrients and electrolytes.
- Mitavite’s exclusive amino acid profile to support athletic performance and recovery.
- Contains Bonafide®, Mitavite®’s exclusive Vitamin K supplement that supports bone density and soundness.
Choose Mitavite Athlete Plus® when
- You want the option to adjust the grain ration for individual horses
- You need a concentrate with all Essential Amino Acids, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes required for race horses
- You want to use a feed that continues to be a proven performer at Group level
- You are wanting to support bone density and good health with Bonafide®, Mitavite®’s exclusive Vitamin K supplement.
Dr Biff’s® Vits & Trace Mins provides a balanced source of essential nutrients when only hay or dry pasture is able to be fed. Suitable for horses that cannot have access to good quality pasture or who are unable to tolerate dietary starch or sugars.
Important: Ensure sufficient fibre is fed in the form of pasture, hay or chaff
Choose Dr Biff’s® Vits & Trace Mins when
- Your horse or pony needs to reduce excessive weight
- Your horse or pony is prone to, or suffering from Laminitis
- You need to support a low-starch low-sugar diets e.g. in Metabolic Syndrome, PSSM
- You need to add nutritional value to a high fibre-high fat ration