Vitamite® Dr Biff's™ Hoof Supplement
Perfect for injured or poor quality hooves, thin brittle walls, thin soles, easily bruised heels, poorly formed frogs or laminitis.
An aid in the prevention and treatment of hoof disorders:
- Injured or poor quality hooves, thin brittle walls and thin soles
- Easily bruised heels, poorly formed frogs
- Horses or ponies with laminitis.
- Very palatable formulation
An aid in the prevention and treatment of hoof disorders such as injured or poor quality hooves, thin brittle walls, thin soles, easily bruised heels, poorly formed frogs or laminitis.
The supplement provides all nutrients required to accelerate keratin production. Whilst keratin production happens naturally in response to injury or insult, it can only occur if all nutrients required are available and consumed daily.
It has dramatic effects on the rate of hoof repair and regeneration and unlike many Methionine - containing supplements which deter feeding, this supplement is very palatable. It is also non-siftable which defeats the horse’s ability to leave a portion of powder in the feed.
Dr Biff’s™ Hoof Supplement contains
Biotin – well recognised as a rate-limiting nutrient for hoof growth and hoof quality.
Methionine – and Cysteine which can be synthesised from it, are the sulphur containing amino acids which are required more by keratin than any other tissue, often deficient when accelerated growth is required.
Zinc – if supply is marginal, tissue with abnormal demand is the first to suffer.
Vitamin E – essential to additional keratin production.
Vitamin A – one of the carotenoids essential to all keratinized tissues, needed mostly by horses not on high quality fresh pasture.
Omega-3 – all membranes, including hoof wall microtubules, and laminae, must have omega-3 to be built with suppleness and strength.
Iodine – iodine- deficient horses often show poor hoof quality
Available in 7kg & 20kg
Daily Feeding Guide
Feed 120gs (2 scoops) per day
The scoop supplied holds approximately 60gs
Natural Vitamin E
Our latest posts See all
Mitavite® Extru® Grains provide effective, safe feed-room options. Lupins are an excellent source of protein and can play a role in building and repairing body tissue. Steam extrusion not only improves digestibility, but limits the damage caused to the essential amino acid by processing such as pelleting micronisation and dry extrusion. Also available in Mitavite® bulka bags.
Mitavite® Economix Active® has been tried and trusted over many years. It provides safe, cost effective nutrition for competition and show horses, working stock horses, pleasure horses and ponies and spellers in need of conditioning. Steam extruded to unlock the full nutritional value of its ingredients, Economix Active® is fortified with oils rich in Omega 3 to provide cool sustained energy.
Unique Features of Economix Active
- Fully steam extruded complete feed.
- Nutritionally balanced to support active horses.
- Barley based to support performance, weight gain and condition.
- Highly palatable for even the fussiest eaters.
- Fortified with oils rich in Omega 3 to provide cool sustained energy.
- No Added Soy & Molasses*
Choose Economix Active when
- Your horse or pony is in regular work or competition
- You need to improve your horses condition or topline
- You want a complete feed that provides a good balance of energy, protein plus essential vitamins and minerals
Mitavite® Xtra-Cool® is the ideal choice for horses and ponies in light to medium work and for those that can’t tolerate, or don’t require high energy feeds. The uniquely 'x' shaped Xtra-Cool® contains a balanced formulation of vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, oils and extra Magnesium so you can be sure you are providing your horse or pony with the best in nutritional support without that heating effect.
Unique Features of Xtra-Cool
• Cool, non-heating formula.
• Complete with vitamins, minerals and electrolytes.
• Highly palatable & fully steam extruded.
• Extra Magnesium for that calming effect.
• No Added Soy & Molasses*.
• Unique 'X' shaped pellets.
Choose Xtra-Cool when
• Your horse or pony is in light to medium work
• Your horse can’t tolerate high grain rations
• You need a feed that keeps your horse looking good
• You need an economical, cool ration for spellers or breakers
Mitavite® Athlete Plus® is rich in scientifically balanced nutrients, trace minerals and electrolytes. Athlete®'s high levels of Essential Amino Acids assists with the rapid replenishment of fuel stores and muscle repair after fast work or racing, reducing recovery time. When mixed with grains of your choice, the palatable muesli style formulation of Athlete Plus® provides a complete ration for your high performance equine athlete.
Unique Features of Mitavite Athlete Plus®
- Muesli style base concentrate, packed with essential nutrients and electrolytes.
- Mitavite’s exclusive amino acid profile to support athletic performance and recovery.
- Contains Bonafide®, Mitavite®’s exclusive Vitamin K supplement that supports bone density and soundness.
Choose Mitavite Athlete Plus® when
- You want the option to adjust the grain ration for individual horses
- You need a concentrate with all Essential Amino Acids, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes required for race horses
- You want to use a feed that continues to be a proven performer at Group level
- You are wanting to support bone density and good health with Bonafide®, Mitavite®’s exclusive Vitamin K supplement.
Dr Biff’s® Vits & Trace Mins provides a balanced source of essential nutrients when only hay or dry pasture is able to be fed. Suitable for horses that cannot have access to good quality pasture or who are unable to tolerate dietary starch or sugars.
Important: Ensure sufficient fibre is fed in the form of pasture, hay or chaff
Choose Dr Biff’s® Vits & Trace Mins when
- Your horse or pony needs to reduce excessive weight
- Your horse or pony is prone to, or suffering from Laminitis
- You need to support a low-starch low-sugar diets e.g. in Metabolic Syndrome, PSSM
- You need to add nutritional value to a high fibre-high fat ration