Quick soaking, low starch conditioning fibre source for good health.
Fibre-Beet® recognizes the fact that horses evolved principally to eat grass which contains 80 to 90% water. Fibre-Beet® is designed to be fed as a wet feed (liquid diet) which is the most natural way to feed your horse. By combining Alfalfa and Speedi-Beet® together into one easy to use unique lozenge shape, Fibre-Beet® offers an excellent source of highly digestible fibre in a liquid form and provides your horse with slow release energy without fizz. Formulated using all the benefits of Speedi-Beet® incorporated with good quality alfalfa. An ideal soft feed for recovering or veteran horses and ponies where maintaining condition is often difficult and teeth may be in poor condition.
Unique Features of Fibre-Beet
• Provides a cool, slow release energy source
• Well digested in the hindgut – Beet pulp is approximately 80% digested in the hindgut
• Laminitis trust approved feed
• 95% Sugar Free, 3% starch level
• Short soaking time – soak for 45 minutes in cold water immediately prior to feeding
• Formulated using all the benefits of SpeediBeet incorporated with good quality alfalfa.
• It contains a combination of fibre sources and provides an ideal fermentation substrate to maximise the fermentation of fibre.
Enhancing the racing diet using super fibres
• High energy fibre source
• Pectins in beet pulp protect the stomach lining, reducing the risk of gastric ulcers
• Helps horses hold condition through a preparation
• Soaked feed aids rapid rehydration
• Beet pulp improves muscle recovery rates after exercise
Beet fibre is particularly suited for horses in hard work or racing. It has high levels of soluble fibre and is broken down almost completely in the hindgut producing high levels of propionic acid (one of the VFA) that is converted to glucose in the cells without stimulating insulin and being converted to glycogen.
Fibre-Beet is a carefully designed blend of highly degradable fibre sources that provide optimum fermentation patterns. High levels of pectin and surfactants can help maintain the mucus linings of the gut whilst the structural fibre absorbs excess stomach acid -helping combat the conditions for ulceration.
Fibre-Beet is fermented to produce high levels of butyric acid, which aids the function of the cells of the gut wall, and low levels of lactic acid, making it an ideal alkaline feed.
Energy and condition
With an effective degradability 50% higher than forage fibre, Fibre-Beet can improve energy intake whilst keeping dietary fibre levels at an optimum.
Choose Fibre-Beet when
• You need an alternative to feeding grains and high starch and sugar roughages. Ideal for:
– Laminitic or foundered horses
– Horses that can become fizzy
– Horses that are prone to tying up
– Horses with Cushings Syndrome
– Horses with Ulcers
• You want to enhance gastrointestinal and microbial health
• You need to dampen the feed for horses with poor teeth
• You are looking for an alternative roughage source when your normal roughage is difficult to source
• You need to keep horses well hydrated. Fibre Beet can help to store water in the hindgut using the hindgut as a water reservoir
• Added Biotin for maintaining hoof integrity
• SpeediBeet and alfalfa have a favourable acid binding capacity so is ideal for horses with ulcers
• You want to put condition onto your horse in a cool, safe manner.
• You want a GM free feed
Available in 20kg bags.
Speedi-beet flakes, alfalfa nuts, oatfeed pellets, cane molasses, vegetable fat, vitamin / trace element supplement, biotin, peppermint.
Daily Feeding Guide
- Simply mix 3 parts of water to 1 part of Fibre-Beet by weight, that's about 1 1/2 parts of water to 1 part of Fibre-Beet® by volume.
- Leave to soak for 45 minutes using cold water or 15 minutes using hot water (fantastic in the winter to warm your horse).
- Once Fibre-Beet® has been soaked it can be fed straight away or it can be kept in a cool environment, enabling you to still prepare in advance if you wish.
As a guide horses require 2% of body weight as feed per day. At least 25% must be fed as forage, or high fibre alternatives.
Fibre-Beet® can be fed up to 40% of the daily feed, depending on circumstances.
As a forage replacer:
When forage is unavailable Fibre-Beet® may be fed as a substitute, soak prior to feeding. Feed 1.0kg of soaked Fibre-Beet for every 100kg of body weight, as a daily ration. Split and feed at least twice a day. If grazing offer at turnout and after stabling. If 24 hour grazing offer as required.
|Weight of dry Fibre-Beet grams||Amount of water grams or ml||Total weight of feed soaked Fibre-Beet kg|
As a feedstuff:
|Size of horse (hh)||Weight kg||Feeding regime||Medium exercise (trekking)||Heavy exercise (eventing)|
|11||200||Forage / Hay / High Fibre Cubes -kg||3.0||2.0|
|Pony Cubes kg||1.0||2.0|
|14||400||Forage / Hay / High Fibre Cubes -kg||6.5||4.0|
|Pony Cubes kg||1.5||4.0|
|16||650||Forage / Hay / High Fibre Cubes -kg||10.0||7.0|
|Pony Cubes kg||2.0||5.0|
An example of a suitable diet:
|Total Feed Per Day|
|Stabled Horse (No Grazing)||300kg body weight pony||500kg body weight horse|
|Fibre-Beet (Dry Weight)||0.75kg||1.25kg|
|Fibre-Beet (Soaked Weight)||3.0kg||5.0kg|
|Laminitis Trust approved chop or high fibre cubes||2.0kg||3kg|
|Good quality hay||5.5kg||7kg|
|4 hours grazing on unfertilised pasture||300kg body weight pony||500kg body weight horse|
|Fibre-Beet (Dry Weight)||0.5kg||0.75kg|
|Fibre-Beet (Soaked Weight)||2.0kg||3.0kg|
|Laminitis Trust approved chop or high fibre cubes||1.5kg||2.25kg|
|Good quality hay||3.5kg||5.0kg|
|TYPICAL ANALYSIS (Fresh weight basis before soaking)||% Unless Indicated|
|Oil (B) Acid Hydrolysis||3.0|
|Energy DE mj/kg||11.0|
|Minerals||% Unless Indicated|
|Amino Acids||% Unless Indicated|
Our latest posts See all
Semi-concentrate feed for horses in pre-training or racing. Mitavite® Energiza® is a nutrient dense, high protein, high energy semi-concentrate. Scientifically formulated to maximise energy delivery, assist the rapid replenishment of muscle fuel stores and to support muscle repair after fast work or racing. From the same family as the highly successful Mitavite® Athlete Plus®, Mitavite® Energiza® includes the same potent amino acid profile to support performance and recovery.
Unique Features of Mitavite Energiza®
- latest in equine feed technology targeting muscle building and recovery.
- Suitable for horses in pre-training, hard work or racing.
- Can be fed alone or mixed with the trainer's choice of grains as work increases.
- Nutrient dense formulation with added corn.
- Packed full of Essential Amino Acids, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes.
Choose Mitavite Energiza® when
- You need one ration that will serve your horses well from pre-training through to racing
- You want an ration with a low feeding rate
- You want a feed that can be fed alone or mixed with the trainer's choice of grains as work increases
Mitavite® Impacta® is a scientifically formulated high protein and nutrient dense base concentrate for horses in pre-training, hard work or racing to be fed with the trainers choice of grains. From the same family as the highly successful Mitavite® Athlete Plus®, Mitavite® Impacta® includes the same potent essential amino acid profile and nutrient dense formulation. To a daily feeding rate of 1.5-2.5kg, simply add your choice of grains to suit each horse’s individual energy requirements. Contains Bonafide®, Mitavite®’s exclusive Vitamin K supplement that supports bone density and good health.
Unique Features of Mitavite Impacta®
- Highly digestible, high protein concentrate.
- Packed full of Essential Amino Acids, vitamins, minerals & electrolytes.
- Suitable for horses in pre-training, hard work or racing.
- To be fed with trainers choice of grains.
Choose Mitavite Impacta® when
- You want a base concentrate suitable for horses in pre-training, hard work or racing
- You want the option to adjust the grain ration for individual horses
- You want a concentrate packed full of Essential Amino Acids, vitamins, minerals & electrolytes
- You are wanting to support bone density and good health with Bonafide®, Mitavite®’s exclusive vitamin K supplement.
Mitavite® XLR8® is an oat free, energy dense, muesli style complete feed incorporating the benefits of steam extrusion for fast acting energy. Formulated for the racing thoroughbred and standardbred, XLR8® provides high levels of Essential Amino Acids in a horse specific profile to assist with muscle function and recovery after strenuous work.
Unique Features of Mitavite XLR8®
- Highly palatable, high spec muesli style complete feed.
- Packed with “horse perfect” Essential Amino Acids, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes.
- Rapid recovery after hard work or racing.
Choose Mitavite XLR8® when
- You require maximum energy and protein without oats
- Your priority is rapid recovery after hard work or racing
- You need a suitable feed for mature horses in racing
Mitavite® Sustaina® is a traditional muesli style oat based complete feed. It has been formulated with the best of Australian grains; vitamins, minerals and Essential Amino Acids. This promotes lean muscle development and aids recovery after racing or fast work. Highly palatable feed providing premium nutrition at an affordable price.
Unique Features of Mitavite Sustaina®
- Proven and trusted oat based muesli style complete feed.
- Highly palatable and nutrient dense.
- Contains Mitavite®’s exclusive Essential Amino Acid profile to support muscle function and repair.
- Cost effective option for all horses in hard work or racing.
Choose Mitavite Sustaina® when
- Oats are an essential part of your rations
- You need a feed that is suitable for horses in hard work or racing
- You want a feed that contains Essential Amino Acids to support muscle function and repair
Cool Crusada® is one of the most innovative feeds on the market, raising the bar in the delivery of premium nutrition for sport horses and ponies across all performance disciplines. Cool Crusada® delivers across all measurables and provides additional support for horses’ critical systems. Energy is supplied by ingredients that are metabolised via three separate pathways, providing a combination of fast acting, medium and slow release energy sources. Super Fibres are included to provide support for hind gut function whilst supplying a cool energy source. Mitavite®’s revolutionary supplement Bonafide® is included to support bone and cartilage integrity, and assist in maintaining soundness during peak performance.
Unique features of Mitavite Cool Crusada®
- For medium, hard working and competition horses.
- Highly palatable muesli style complete feed.
- Contains Live Yeast to aid in the improvement of feed digestion and minimize the risk of digestive upsets.
- Added Super Fibres for cool energy and condition.
Choose Mitavite Cool Crusada® when
- Your horse is in medium, hard work or competition
- Your horse can get fizzy on traditional feeds
- You are looking for a nutrient rich feed with a low to medium starch level