Quick soaking, low starch conditioning fibre source for good health.
Fibre-Beet® recognizes the fact that horses evolved principally to eat grass which contains 80 to 90% water. Fibre-Beet® is designed to be fed as a wet feed (liquid diet) which is the most natural way to feed your horse. By combining Alfalfa and Speedi-Beet® together into one easy to use unique lozenge shape, Fibre-Beet® offers an excellent source of highly digestible fibre in a liquid form and provides your horse with slow release energy without fizz. Formulated using all the benefits of Speedi-Beet® incorporated with good quality alfalfa. An ideal soft feed for recovering or veteran horses and ponies where maintaining condition is often difficult and teeth may be in poor condition.
Unique Features of Fibre-Beet
• Provides a cool, slow release energy source
• Well digested in the hindgut – Beet pulp is approximately 80% digested in the hindgut
• Laminitis trust approved feed
• 95% Sugar Free, 3% starch level
• Short soaking time – soak for 45 minutes in cold water immediately prior to feeding
• Formulated using all the benefits of SpeediBeet incorporated with good quality alfalfa.
• It contains a combination of fibre sources and provides an ideal fermentation substrate to maximise the fermentation of fibre.
Enhancing the racing diet using super fibres
• High energy fibre source
• Pectins in beet pulp protect the stomach lining, reducing the risk of gastric ulcers
• Helps horses hold condition through a preparation
• Soaked feed aids rapid rehydration
• Beet pulp improves muscle recovery rates after exercise
Beet fibre is particularly suited for horses in hard work or racing. It has high levels of soluble fibre and is broken down almost completely in the hindgut producing high levels of propionic acid (one of the VFA) that is converted to glucose in the cells without stimulating insulin and being converted to glycogen.
Fibre-Beet is a carefully designed blend of highly degradable fibre sources that provide optimum fermentation patterns. High levels of pectin and surfactants can help maintain the mucus linings of the gut whilst the structural fibre absorbs excess stomach acid -helping combat the conditions for ulceration.
Fibre-Beet is fermented to produce high levels of butyric acid, which aids the function of the cells of the gut wall, and low levels of lactic acid, making it an ideal alkaline feed.
Energy and condition
With an effective degradability 50% higher than forage fibre, Fibre-Beet can improve energy intake whilst keeping dietary fibre levels at an optimum.
Choose Fibre-Beet when
• You need an alternative to feeding grains and high starch and sugar roughages. Ideal for:
– Laminitic or foundered horses
– Horses that can become fizzy
– Horses that are prone to tying up
– Horses with Cushings Syndrome
– Horses with Ulcers
• You want to enhance gastrointestinal and microbial health
• You need to dampen the feed for horses with poor teeth
• You are looking for an alternative roughage source when your normal roughage is difficult to source
• You need to keep horses well hydrated. Fibre Beet can help to store water in the hindgut using the hindgut as a water reservoir
• Added Biotin for maintaining hoof integrity
• SpeediBeet and alfalfa have a favourable acid binding capacity so is ideal for horses with ulcers
• You want to put condition onto your horse in a cool, safe manner.
• You want a GM free feed
Available in 20kg bags.
Speedi-beet flakes, alfalfa nuts, oatfeed pellets, cane molasses, vegetable fat, vitamin / trace element supplement, biotin, peppermint.
Daily Feeding Guide
- Simply mix 3 parts of water to 1 part of Fibre-Beet by weight, that's about 1 1/2 parts of water to 1 part of Fibre-Beet® by volume.
- Leave to soak for 45 minutes using cold water or 15 minutes using hot water (fantastic in the winter to warm your horse).
- Once Fibre-Beet® has been soaked it can be fed straight away or it can be kept in a cool environment, enabling you to still prepare in advance if you wish.
As a guide horses require 2% of body weight as feed per day. At least 25% must be fed as forage, or high fibre alternatives.
Fibre-Beet® can be fed up to 40% of the daily feed, depending on circumstances.
As a forage replacer:
When forage is unavailable Fibre-Beet® may be fed as a substitute, soak prior to feeding. Feed 1.0kg of soaked Fibre-Beet for every 100kg of body weight, as a daily ration. Split and feed at least twice a day. If grazing offer at turnout and after stabling. If 24 hour grazing offer as required.
|Weight of dry Fibre-Beet grams||Amount of water grams or ml||Total weight of feed soaked Fibre-Beet kg|
As a feedstuff:
|Size of horse (hh)||Weight kg||Feeding regime||Medium exercise (trekking)||Heavy exercise (eventing)|
|11||200||Forage / Hay / High Fibre Cubes -kg||3.0||2.0|
|Pony Cubes kg||1.0||2.0|
|14||400||Forage / Hay / High Fibre Cubes -kg||6.5||4.0|
|Pony Cubes kg||1.5||4.0|
|16||650||Forage / Hay / High Fibre Cubes -kg||10.0||7.0|
|Pony Cubes kg||2.0||5.0|
An example of a suitable diet:
|Total Feed Per Day|
|Stabled Horse (No Grazing)||300kg body weight pony||500kg body weight horse|
|Fibre-Beet (Dry Weight)||0.75kg||1.25kg|
|Fibre-Beet (Soaked Weight)||3.0kg||5.0kg|
|Laminitis Trust approved chop or high fibre cubes||2.0kg||3kg|
|Good quality hay||5.5kg||7kg|
|4 hours grazing on unfertilised pasture||300kg body weight pony||500kg body weight horse|
|Fibre-Beet (Dry Weight)||0.5kg||0.75kg|
|Fibre-Beet (Soaked Weight)||2.0kg||3.0kg|
|Laminitis Trust approved chop or high fibre cubes||1.5kg||2.25kg|
|Good quality hay||3.5kg||5.0kg|
|TYPICAL ANALYSIS (Fresh weight basis before soaking)||% Unless Indicated|
|Oil (B) Acid Hydrolysis||3.0|
|Energy DE mj/kg||11.0|
|Minerals||% Unless Indicated|
|Amino Acids||% Unless Indicated|
Our latest posts See all
Mitavite® XLR8® is an oat free, energy dense muesli style complete feed incorporating the benefits of steam extrusion and micronization, especially formulated for the racing thoroughbred and standardbred. XLR8® provides high levels of essential amino acids in a horse specific profile to assist with muscle function and recovery after strenuous work.
Unique Features of Mitavite XLR8®
• Highly palatable, high spec muesli style complete feed
• Packed with “horse perfect” amino acids, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes
• Contains Bonafide®, Mitavite’s exclusive Vitamin K supplement that supports bone density and soundness
Choose Mitavite XLR8® when
• Super Premium nutrition is part of your strategy
• Rapid recovery after hard work or racing is a priority
• You want your horses to have the support of Bonafide® every day
Tried and trusted over many years, Mitavite® Economix Active® provides safe, cost effective nutrition for competition and show horses, working stock horses, pleasure horses and ponies and spellers in need of conditioning. Steam extruded to unlock the full nutritional value of its ingredients, Economix Active® is fortified with oils rich in Omega 3 to provide cool sustained energy.
Unique Features of Economix Active
• Fully steam extruded complete feed
• Nutritionally balanced to support active horses
• Barley based to support performance, weight gain and condition
• Highly palatable for even the fussiest eaters
Choose Economix Active when
• Your horse or pony is in regular work or competition
• You need to improve your horses condition or topline
• You want a complete feed that provides a good balance of protein, energy plus essential vitamins and minerals
Mitavite® Xtra-Cool® is the ideal choice for horses and ponies in light to medium work and for those horses or ponies that can’t tolerate, or don’t require high energy feeds. Xtra-Cool® contains a balanced formulation of vitamins, minerals, electrolytes and oils so you can be sure you are providing your horse or pony with the best in nutritional support without that heating effect.
Unique Features of Xtra-Cool
• Cool, non-heating formula
• Complete with vitamins, minerals and electrolytes
• Highly palatable & fully steam extruded
• Extra Magnesium for that calming effect
Choose Xtra-Cool when
• Your horse or pony is in light to medium exercise
• You horse can’t tolerate high grain rations
• You need a feed that keeps your horse looking good
• You need an economical, cool ration for spellers or breakers
Mitavite® Munga® is an economical, palatable, concentrated, low starch, gluten free muesli with no added grains that provides optimum levels of high quality, easily digested protein, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes that provides a balanced ration when fed to suggested levels with adequate roughage. It is ideal for all horses needing more top line and muscle and for sport, show and performance horses that can't tolerate high grain rations. It is an ideal choice for horses and ponies that are good doers that can easily become overweight or are prone to laminitis. If more energy is needed, steam extruded grains, Vitamite® Power-On® or vegetable oil can be added to the ration.
Unique Features of Mitavite Munga
• Low starch level of 5.2%
• Palatable, muesli style formulation with a low feeding rate
• Contains Bonafide®, Mitavite’s exclusive Vitamin K supplement that supports bone density and good health
• Contains high levels of Essential Amino Acids
• No added grains
• Munga can be feed alone or added to a base ration to improve the integrity of the diet.
Choose Mitavite Munga when
• Your horse is in light to medium work and would benefit from a concentrated source of protein, vitamins and minerals but without the energy of carbohydrates
• Your horse requires a better topline or more lean muscle development for good health and presentation
• Your horse fizzes up on grain based feeds
• Your horse or pony is prone to, or suffering from laminitis and requires a low starch diet.
This product contains BONAFIDE®
Mitavite® Gumnuts® is Australia’s original and most trusted feed especially formulated for aged horses and ponies. Highly nutritious, palatable and safe to feed, Gumnuts® provides a unique balance of vitamins and minerals specifically formulated to address the challenges of old age. Omega 3 oils, antioxidants and essential amino acids are provided in a highly digestible form. Gumnuts® reduces to a soft mash when water is added.
Unique Features of Mitavite Gumnuts
- Fully steam extruded to maximise digestibility and nutrient utilization
- Nutrient dense to provide optimal nutrition for older horses and ponies
- Contains Bonafide® to support bone density
Choose Mitavite Gumnuts when
- Your cherished old horse or pony is struggling to maintain muscle mass and topline.
- Your older horse has poor teeth and needs his feed softened to a mash
- You horse needs the support of a premium feed during the colder months or when pasture is limited.
- Digestive function is compromised