Quick soaking, low starch conditioning fibre source for good health.
Fibre-Beet® recognizes the fact that horses evolved principally to eat grass which contains 80 to 90% water. Fibre-Beet® is designed to be fed as a wet feed (liquid diet) which is the most natural way to feed your horse. By combining Alfalfa and Speedi-Beet® together into one easy to use unique lozenge shape, Fibre-Beet® offers an excellent source of highly digestible fibre in a liquid form and provides your horse with slow release energy without fizz. Formulated using all the benefits of Speedi-Beet® incorporated with good quality alfalfa. An ideal soft feed for recovering or veteran horses and ponies where maintaining condition is often difficult and teeth may be in poor condition.
Unique Features of Fibre-Beet
• Provides a cool, slow release energy source
• Well digested in the hindgut – Beet pulp is approximately 80% digested in the hindgut
• Laminitis trust approved feed
• Unmolassed – 95% Sugar Free, 3% starch level
• Short soaking time – soak for 45 minutes in cold water immediately prior to feeding
• Formulated using all the benefits of SpeediBeet incorporated with good quality alfalfa.
• It contains a combination of fibre sources and provides an ideal fermentation substrate to maximise the fermentation of fibre.
Enhancing the racing diet using super fibres
• High energy fibre source
• Pectins in beet pulp protect the stomach lining, reducing the risk of gastric ulcers
• Helps horses hold condition through a preparation
• Soaked feed aids rapid rehydration
• Beet pulp improves muscle recovery rates after exercise
Beet fibre is particularly suited for horses in hard work or racing. It has high levels of soluble fibre and is broken down almost completely in the hindgut producing high levels of propionic acid (one of the VFA) that is converted to glucose in the cells without stimulating insulin and being converted to glycogen.
Fibre-Beet is a carefully designed blend of highly degradable fibre sources that provide optimum fermentation patterns. High levels of pectin and surfactants can help maintain the mucus linings of the gut whilst the structural fibre absorbs excess stomach acid -helping combat the conditions for ulceration.
Fibre-Beet is fermented to produce high levels of butyric acid, which aids the function of the cells of the gut wall, and low levels of lactic acid, making it an ideal alkaline feed.
Energy and condition
With an effective degradability 50% higher than forage fibre, Fibre-Beet can improve energy intake whilst keeping dietary fibre levels at an optimum.
Choose Fibre-Beet when
• You need an alternative to feeding grains and high starch and sugar roughages. Ideal for:
– Laminitic or foundered horses
– Horses that can become fizzy
– Horses that are prone to tying up
– Horses with Cushings Syndrome
– Horses with Ulcers
• You want to enhance gastrointestinal and microbial health
• You need to dampen the feed for horses with poor teeth
• You are looking for an alternative roughage source when your normal roughage is difficult to source
• You need to keep horses well hydrated. Fibre Beet can help to store water in the hindgut using the hindgut as a water reservoir
• Added Biotin for maintaining hoof integrity
• SpeediBeet and alfalfa have a favourable acid binding capacity so is ideal for horses with ulcers
• You want to put condition onto your horse in a cool, safe manner.
• You want a GM free feed
Available in 20kg bags.
Speedi-beet flakes, alfalfa nuts, oatfeed pellets, cane molasses, vegetable fat, vitamin / trace element supplement, biotin, peppermint.
Daily Feeding Guide
- Simply mix 3 parts of water to 1 part of Fibre-Beet by weight, that's about 1 1/2 parts of water to 1 part of Fibre-Beet® by volume.
- Leave to soak for 45 minutes using cold water or 15 minutes using hot water (fantastic in the winter to warm your horse).
- Once Fibre-Beet® has been soaked it can be fed straight away or it can be kept in a cool environment, enabling you to still prepare in advance if you wish.
As a guide horses require 2% of body weight as feed per day. At least 25% must be fed as forage, or high fibre alternatives.
Fibre-Beet® can be fed up to 40% of the daily feed, depending on circumstances.
As a forage replacer:
When forage is unavailable Fibre-Beet® may be fed as a substitute, soak prior to feeding. Feed 1.0kg of soaked Fibre-Beet for every 100kg of body weight, as a daily ration. Split and feed at least twice a day. If grazing offer at turnout and after stabling. If 24 hour grazing offer as required.
|Weight of dry Fibre-Beet grams||Amount of water grams or ml||Total weight of feed soaked Fibre-Beet kg|
As a feedstuff:
|Size of horse (hh)||Weight kg||Feeding regime||Medium exercise (trekking)||Heavy exercise (eventing)|
|11||200||Forage / Hay / High Fibre Cubes -kg||3.0||2.0|
|Pony Cubes kg||1.0||2.0|
|14||400||Forage / Hay / High Fibre Cubes -kg||6.5||4.0|
|Pony Cubes kg||1.5||4.0|
|16||650||Forage / Hay / High Fibre Cubes -kg||10.0||7.0|
|Pony Cubes kg||2.0||5.0|
An example of a suitable diet:
|Total Feed Per Day|
|Stabled Horse (No Grazing)||300kg body weight pony||500kg body weight horse|
|Fibre-Beet (Dry Weight)||0.75kg||1.25kg|
|Fibre-Beet (Soaked Weight)||3.0kg||5.0kg|
|Laminitis Trust approved chop or high fibre cubes||2.0kg||3kg|
|Good quality hay||5.5kg||7kg|
|4 hours grazing on unfertilised pasture||300kg body weight pony||500kg body weight horse|
|Fibre-Beet (Dry Weight)||0.5kg||0.75kg|
|Fibre-Beet (Soaked Weight)||2.0kg||3.0kg|
|Laminitis Trust approved chop or high fibre cubes||1.5kg||2.25kg|
|Good quality hay||3.5kg||5.0kg|
|TYPICAL ANALYSIS (Fresh weight basis before soaking)||% Unless Indicated|
|Oil (B) Acid Hydrolysis||3.0|
|Energy DE mj/kg||11.0|
|Minerals||% Unless Indicated|
|Amino Acids||% Unless Indicated|
Our latest posts See all
Mitavite® Gumnuts® is Australia’s original and most trusted feed especially formulated for aged horses and ponies. Highly nutritious, palatable and safe to feed, Gumnuts® provides a unique balance of vitamins and minerals specifically formulated to address the challenges of old age. Omega 3 oils, antioxidants and essential amino acids are provided in a highly digestible form. Gumnuts® reduces to a soft mash when water is added.
Unique Features of Mitavite Gumnuts
- Fully steam extruded to maximise digestibility and nutrient utilization
- Nutrient dense to provide optimal nutrition for older horses and ponies
- Contains Bonafide® to support bone density
Choose Mitavite Gumnuts when
- Your cherished old horse or pony is struggling to maintain muscle mass and topline.
- Your older horse has poor teeth and needs his feed softened to a mash
- You horse needs the support of a premium feed during the colder months or when pasture is limited.
- Digestive function is compromised
An aid in the prevention and treatment of hoof disorders:
- Injured or poor quality hooves, thin brittle walls and thin soles
- Easily bruised heels, poorly formed frogs
- Horses or ponies with laminitis.
- Very palatable formulation
An aid in the prevention and treatment of hoof disorders such as injured or poor quality hooves, thin brittle walls, thin soles, easily bruised heels, poorly formed frogs or laminitis.
The supplement provides all nutrients required to accelerate keratin production. Whilst keratin production happens naturally in response to injury or insult, it can only occur if all nutrients required are available and consumed daily.
It has dramatic effects on the rate of hoof repair and regeneration and unlike many Methionine-containing supplements which deter feeding, this supplement is very palatable. It is also non-siftable which defeats the horse’s ability to leave a portion of powder in the feed.
Dr Biff’s Hoof Supplement contains
Biotin – well recognised as a rate-limiting nutrient for hoof growth and hoof quality.
Methionine – and Cysteine which can be synthesised from it, are the sulphur containing amino acids which are required more by keratin than any other tissue, often deficient when accelerated growth is required.
Zinc – if supply is marginal, tissue with abnormal demand is the first to suffer.
Vitamin E – essential to additional keratin production.
Vitamin A – one of the carotenoids essential to all keratinized tissues, needed mostly by horses not on high quality fresh pasture.
Omega-3 – all membranes, including hoof wall microtubules, and laminae, must have omega-3 to be built with suppleness and strength.
Iodine – iodine- deficient horses often show poor hoof quality
Mitavite® Athlete Plus™ is rich in scientifically balanced nutrients, trace minerals and electrolytes and is packed with high levels of essential amino acids in a horse specific profile to assist with the rapid replenishment of fuel stores and to aid recovery and muscle repair after fast work or racing. When mixed with grains, the palatable muesli style formulation of Athlete Plus provides a complete ration for your high performance equine athlete.
Unique Features of Mitavite Athlete Plus®
- Muesli style base concentrate, packed with essential nutrients
- Mitavite’s exclusive amino acid profile to support athletic performance and recovery
- Contains Bonafide®, Mitavite’s exclusive Vitamin K supplement that supports bone density and soundness
- To 2 kgs per day, just add your choice of grains
Choose Mitavite Athlete Plus® when
- You want to use the feed that champion trainers use
- You want the option to adjust the grain ration for individual horses
- It is important that a concentrate provides all amino acid, vitamin, mineral and electrolyte requirements for racing horses.
- You want your horses to have the support of Bonafide® every day
Vitamite® Bonafide® explained:
- The active ingredient in Bonafide® is Quinaquanone, a water soluble, bio-available form of Vitamin K1 & K2.
- Vitamin K1 & K2 has a critical effect on the function of osteocalcin, the bone protein that binds the mineral and protein in bone together. Without sufficient Vitamin K the binding process is incomplete and low density or defective bone and cartilage are produced.
- Vitamin K1 & K2 are naturally available in fresh, growing green pasture but it is highly unstable, being degraded by UV light, wilting or “wintering off”.
- Horses that do not have constant access to high quality pasture are likely to be deficient in Vitamin K, leading to a reduction in bone density and bone strength.
- Horses removed from Vitamin K rich pasture and brought into a box/yard regime have demonstrated a reduction in bone density within 7-10 days.
- There is an established correlation between bone density and the incidence of OCDs and DODs in yearlings and DMD (shinsoreness) in 2 year olds.
- Bonafide® is the first product to contain Quinaquanone, a bioavailable form of Vitamin K1 and K2.
The Mitavite® range of super premium breeding and race feeds now contain Bonafide®. These include the market leading race feeds Formula 3®, Athlete Plus™ and XLR8®, our trusted breeding feeds Breeda®, Promita® and Yearling Prep®, our speciality feed for old horses Gumnuts® and our muesli concentrate Munga®.
Trials have showed a marked increase in bone density on BONAFIDE treated two year olds.
26 Two year old thoroughbred racehorses at commencement of training for racing were divided into two groups. One group 'BONAFIDE' RECEIVED 7MG Vitamin K formulation each day in feed for six months.
The other group “Control” received an apparently identical powder containing no natural Vitamin K.
Digital radiographs of the left third metacarpal bone and an adjacent aluminium step wedge were taken at carious intervals. The radiographic density of the bone and the step wedge wer measured and RBAE (radiographic bone aluminium equivalence) calculated.
At each subsequent measurement the RBAE for each horse was compared to its initial RBAE and the percentage change recorded.
Bonafide is now available in selected Mitavite feeds
The MITAVITE range of super premium breeding, sport and lifestyle and race feeds now contain BONAFIDE.
These include the market leading race feeds FORMULA 3, ATHLETE PLUS, XLR8, ENERGIZA and IMPACTA, our trusted breeding feeds BREEDA, PROMITA and YEARLING PREP, our speciality feed for old horses GUMNUTS and our muesli concentrate MUNGA.
Vitamite® Power-On® is a highly digestible, steam extruded, concentrated rice extract that is suitable to be added to all equine diets to provide high levels of oil and cool energy to assist with conditioning and top line. Power-On® provides a cool, safe, sustained energy level that minimises sugar fluctuations and spikes, compared with raw grains such as corn or barley. Exercising horses benefit from the increased levels of Selenium and Vitamin E that assist with muscle function and the Ferulic Acid found in Power-On® provides natural antioxidants that protect cell membranes from exercise induced damage.
Simply add Power-On® to a Mitavite complete feed or nutrient balancer to:
- Enhance condition for race horses and sport horses in work.
- For poor doers needing more weight.
- To enhance cover on yearlings being prepared for sale or show horses and ponies.
- For horses prone to tying up that need a low starch energy source.
- For fizzy horses needing a cool energy source.