Steam extruded complete feed for active sport horses & ponies.
Tried and trusted over many years, Mitavite® Economix Active® provides safe, cost effective nutrition for competition and show horses, working stock horses, pleasure horses and ponies and spellers in need of conditioning. Steam extruded to unlock the full nutritional value of its ingredients, Economix Active® is fortified with oils rich in Omega 3 to provide cool sustained energy.
Unique Features of Economix Active
• Fully steam extruded complete feed
• Nutritionally balanced to support active horses
• Barley based to support performance, weight gain and condition
• Highly palatable for even the fussiest eaters
Choose Economix Active when
• Your horse or pony is in regular work or competition
• You need to improve your horses condition or topline
• You want a complete feed that provides a good balance of protein, energy plus essential vitamins and minerals
Available in 20kg bags and bulka bags.
Pressure cooked and fully steam extruded barley, vegetable protein, molasses, vegetable oils (including Omega 3 and Omega 9 oils), salts, heat stable vitamins and chelated mineral proteinates
Daily Feeding Guide
|Daily Feeding Guide|
|Economix® Active™||kg||1.5 - 1 .75||1.75 - 2||2.25 - 2.5||2.5 - 3|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||1 - 1.25||1.5 - 1.75||2 - 2.25||2 - 2.5|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||3.25 +||4.5 +||5 +||7 +|
|Economix® Active™||kg||1.75 - 2||2 - 2.5||3 - 3.25||3.5 - 4|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||1 - 1.5||1.5 - 1.75||2 - 2.5||2.5 - 3|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||3.25 +||4.5 +||5 +||6 +|
|Economix® Active™||kg||2 - 2.5||2.5 - 3||3.5 - 4||4 - 4.5|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||1.5 - 2||2 - 2.5||2.5 - 3||3 - 3.5|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||3.25 +||4.5 +||5.5 +||6.5 +|
|Economix® Active™||kg||2.5 - 3||3 - 3.5||4 - 4.5||5 - 5.5|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||2 - 2.5||2.5 - 3||3 - 3.5||3.5 - 4|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||3.25 +||4.5 +||5.5 +||6.5 +|
Roughage (hay, chaff, pasture etc) should be fed at 1-1.5% of bodyweight. Amounts above are a guide. Total daily feed (concentrate + roughage) should be 2-3% of bodyweight depending on age, workload & climate. Refer to the exercise calculator to determine classification of workload. *Oaten or wheaten chaff or hay or pasture. *Oaten or wheaten chaff or hay or pasture. The feeding guides are for temperate climates. In tropical climates increase the amount of Economix Active®.
|NUTRIENT LEVELS in 1kg|
Our latest posts See all
The ultimate high protein nutritional package. Lean muscle mass and strong bone is built by providing good quality protein, amino acids and vitamins and minerals that target muscle and bone growth.
Vitamite® Super Amino 66® contains 66% protein with a unique, horse specific amino acid profile, containing all 10 essential amino acids (EAA) and increased levels of the valuable Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) that may be beneficial in the building and the repair of muscle. This unique corrective additive is possibly the most concentrated high protein supplement ever created for horses.
Vitamite® Super Amino 66® contains high levels of vitamins and trace minerals to assist in the development of lean muscle and strong bones and assist in enhancing recovery after work.
Vitamite® Super Amino 66® is the one essential supplement you need in your feed room for:
- Performance & racing horses needing assistance with overall recovery, health, muscle growth and repair
- Poorly conditioned horses
- Horses needing increased top line & muscle mass
- Horses recovering from surgery or injury
- Yearling preparation
- Orphan & backward foals, lagging weanlings & yearlings plus poor milking mares.
- Lean muscle mass and strong bone building by providing good quality protein, amino acids, vitamins and minerals
Other uses include:
- Contains Bonafide® to support strong bones, tendons and ligaments
- Concentrated nutrition for horses under heavy training or needing quick recovery
- Show / Sale preparation - when topline muscle and overall muscle condition is needed
- Feed after illness or surgery – just add roughage
- Feed when your horse is lacking stamina
Race and Performance Horses
- Horse perfect protein and essential amino acids build strong lean muscle
- Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) increase the muscle building power of the feed.
- BCAA may be rapidly converted to energy to contribute to the ‘fuel tank’ during races and competition.
- Antioxidants can reduce oxidative damage after exercise, improving recovery times.
- Bonafide® may improve bone geometry and density, that may contribute lowering shin soreness in 2 year olds.
- Essential amino acids and BCAA build good top line and muscle definition.
- Bonafide® assists in keeping bones strong and dense.
- Increased nutrients and a horse perfect protein helps to keep older horses in peak condition
Backward Weanlings and Orphaned Foals
- Essential Amino Acids, vitamins, minerals and Bonafide®, assists to enhance the growth in height and muscle of young growing horses.
- Correct levels of protein, anti-oxidants, Bonafide®, vitamins and minerals help to re-build and
Horses needing more top line and muscle repair
- Good quality protein with the right balance of essential amino acids helps to build lean muscle mass and top line.
Available in 3kg, 10kg & 20kg varieties.
Fibre-Beet® recognizes the fact that horses evolved principally to eat grass which contains 80 to 90% water. Fibre-Beet® is designed to be fed as a wet feed (liquid diet) which is the most natural way to feed your horse. By combining Alfalfa and Speedi-Beet® together into one easy to use unique lozenge shape, Fibre-Beet® offers an excellent source of highly digestible fibre in a liquid form and provides your horse with slow release energy without fizz. Formulated using all the benefits of Speedi-Beet® incorporated with good quality alfalfa. An ideal soft feed for recovering or veteran horses and ponies where maintaining condition is often difficult and teeth may be in poor condition.
Unique Features of Fibre-Beet
• Provides a cool, slow release energy source
• Well digested in the hindgut – Beet pulp is approximately 80% digested in the hindgut
• Laminitis trust approved feed
• 95% Sugar Free, 3% starch level
• Short soaking time – soak for 45 minutes in cold water immediately prior to feeding
• Formulated using all the benefits of SpeediBeet incorporated with good quality alfalfa.
• It contains a combination of fibre sources and provides an ideal fermentation substrate to maximise the fermentation of fibre.
Enhancing the racing diet using super fibres
• High energy fibre source
• Pectins in beet pulp protect the stomach lining, reducing the risk of gastric ulcers
• Helps horses hold condition through a preparation
• Soaked feed aids rapid rehydration
• Beet pulp improves muscle recovery rates after exercise
Beet fibre is particularly suited for horses in hard work or racing. It has high levels of soluble fibre and is broken down almost completely in the hindgut producing high levels of propionic acid (one of the VFA) that is converted to glucose in the cells without stimulating insulin and being converted to glycogen.
Fibre-Beet is a carefully designed blend of highly degradable fibre sources that provide optimum fermentation patterns. High levels of pectin and surfactants can help maintain the mucus linings of the gut whilst the structural fibre absorbs excess stomach acid -helping combat the conditions for ulceration.
Fibre-Beet is fermented to produce high levels of butyric acid, which aids the function of the cells of the gut wall, and low levels of lactic acid, making it an ideal alkaline feed.
Energy and condition
With an effective degradability 50% higher than forage fibre, Fibre-Beet can improve energy intake whilst keeping dietary fibre levels at an optimum.
Choose Fibre-Beet when
• You need an alternative to feeding grains and high starch and sugar roughages. Ideal for:
– Laminitic or foundered horses
– Horses that can become fizzy
– Horses that are prone to tying up
– Horses with Cushings Syndrome
– Horses with Ulcers
• You want to enhance gastrointestinal and microbial health
• You need to dampen the feed for horses with poor teeth
• You are looking for an alternative roughage source when your normal roughage is difficult to source
• You need to keep horses well hydrated. Fibre Beet can help to store water in the hindgut using the hindgut as a water reservoir
• Added Biotin for maintaining hoof integrity
• SpeediBeet and alfalfa have a favourable acid binding capacity so is ideal for horses with ulcers
• You want to put condition onto your horse in a cool, safe manner.
• You want a GM free feed
An aid in the prevention and treatment of hoof disorders:
- Injured or poor quality hooves, thin brittle walls and thin soles
- Easily bruised heels, poorly formed frogs
- Horses or ponies with laminitis.
- Very palatable formulation
An aid in the prevention and treatment of hoof disorders such as injured or poor quality hooves, thin brittle walls, thin soles, easily bruised heels, poorly formed frogs or laminitis.
The supplement provides all nutrients required to accelerate keratin production. Whilst keratin production happens naturally in response to injury or insult, it can only occur if all nutrients required are available and consumed daily.
It has dramatic effects on the rate of hoof repair and regeneration and unlike many Methionine - containing supplements which deter feeding, this supplement is very palatable. It is also non-siftable which defeats the horse’s ability to leave a portion of powder in the feed.
Dr Biff’s™ Hoof Supplement contains
Biotin – well recognised as a rate-limiting nutrient for hoof growth and hoof quality.
Methionine – and Cysteine which can be synthesised from it, are the sulphur containing amino acids which are required more by keratin than any other tissue, often deficient when accelerated growth is required.
Zinc – if supply is marginal, tissue with abnormal demand is the first to suffer.
Vitamin E – essential to additional keratin production.
Vitamin A – one of the carotenoids essential to all keratinized tissues, needed mostly by horses not on high quality fresh pasture.
Omega-3 – all membranes, including hoof wall microtubules, and laminae, must have omega-3 to be built with suppleness and strength.
Iodine – iodine- deficient horses often show poor hoof quality
Vitamite® Show Primer® is a cool, low dose, high oil supplement for use when prize winning condition and presentation is required. Suitable and safe for horses and ponies, Show Primer® is highly palatable and easy to use in conjunction with your horse's usual diet.
Contains Echinaea Herbs
Show Primer® contains added Echinacea herbs for all-round good health and wellbeing. Trials have show that Echinacea supplementation can act as a blood booster by increasing the concentration of red blood cells in horses, supporting oxygen supply.
Magnesium is an important electrolyte that has a role in the metabolism of bone and energy in the horse. Cool, calm behaviour can be encouraged by providing the correct level of Magnesium in the diet, as deficiencies may have a negative impact on the nervous system.
Unique Features of Vitamite Show Primer
• High oil palatable rice bran based supplement
• Low GI and low gluten levels
• Contains Echinacea herbs to support good health
• Contains extra magnesium for that calming effect
Choose Vitamite Show Primer when
• You horse needs to add weight and condition
• Prize winning presentation is important to you
• You want a cool energy source
• You don’t want to fizz up your horse or pony
A rich, natural source of Omega 3, 6 & 9 Fatty acids. Helping keep the balance right for your horse by combining Omega 3 rich vegetable and fish oils with added garlic to help aid immunity.
- Performa 3® oil is an excellent choice for all horses, with benefits being seen across all disciplines and ages
- All performance disciplines may benefit with lowered heart rates, lower packed cell volumes and enhanced red blood cell formation, suppleness and flexibility as well as improved red blood cell strength – all vital for peak performance.
- Lung health may be improved due to decreased inflammation and improved blood circulation.
- Breeding stock may benefit with enhanced fertility and improved sperm motility when the sperm has been frozen or chilled
- Horses with cartilage degradation and inflammation may see an improvement in symptoms and all horses may benefit from improved joint maintenance.
- Performa 3® Oil is a cool energy source as well as supporting general health and well being.
Omega 3 oils are a group of unsaturated fatty acids that cannot be synthesised by the horse and are therefore required in the diet. The three essential omega 3 fatty acids are: alpha-linolenic acid which is found in vegetable oils such as canola and linseed. The other longer chain Omega 3 fatty acids are only found in fish oil. These are Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and Docoshohexanoic acid (DHA). As DHA and EPA are absent from plant food sources and the conversion of alpha-linolenic acid to DHA and EPA is inefficient the most direct way of providing these valuable long chain Omega 3 oils is by supplementation. Performa 3 oil provides serious levels of DHA and EPA.
Research in human and animal nutritional have provided many advantages for feeding Omega 3 rich oils, particularly DHA and EPA.
- Omega 6 oils have a pro-inflammatory affect on joints, skin and hooves. By moving the balance of power to the Omega 3 oils inflammatory responses are reduced.
- Research on horses supplemented with fish oil found the horses had lower heart rates and lower packed cells volumes during exercise. This can have a favourable impact on the time to fatigue.
- Omega 3 supplementation enhances red blood cell formation, suppleness and flexibility. There is an improvement in blood vessel strength, elasticity of connective tissue and membrane flexibility with Omega 3 supplementation.
- Lung health improves due to decreased inflammation and improved blood circulation. This can be beneficial for horses with exercise induced pulmonary haemorrhaging.
- Omega 3 supplementation increases insulin sensitivity. This increases the uptake and storage of glucose and ultimately the energy available to the horse.
- Bone and lipid metabolism is improved when Omega 3 fatty acids are used.
- Cartilage degradation and the pain and inflammation associated with degenerative joint disease such as arthritis is reduced with Omega 3 supplementation.
- Anxiety and anti-stress responses are reduced with fish oil supplementation, including improvement in nervous system structure and function.
- DHA-rich Omega 3 supplements are beneficial to the breeding stallion by enhancing fertility and improving sperm motility when the semen has been frozen.