Steam extruded complete feed for active sport horses & ponies.
Tried and trusted over many years, Mitavite® Economix Active® provides safe, cost effective nutrition for competition and show horses, working stock horses, pleasure horses and ponies and spellers in need of conditioning. Steam extruded to unlock the full nutritional value of its ingredients, Economix Active® is fortified with oils rich in Omega 3 to provide cool sustained energy.
Unique Features of Economix Active
• Fully steam extruded complete feed
• Nutritionally balanced to support active horses
• Barley based to support performance, weight gain and condition
• Highly palatable for even the fussiest eaters
Choose Economix Active when
• Your horse or pony is in regular work or competition
• You need to improve your horses condition or topline
• You want a complete feed that provides a good balance of protein, energy plus essential vitamins and minerals
Available in 20kg bags and bulka bags.
Pressure cooked and fully steam extruded barley, vegetable protein, molasses, vegetable oils (including Omega 3 and Omega 9 oils), salts, heat stable vitamins and chelated mineral proteinates
Daily Feeding Guide
|Daily Feeding Guide|
|Economix® Active™||kg||1.5 - 1 .75||1.75 - 2||2.25 - 2.5||2.5 - 3|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||1 - 1.25||1.5 - 1.75||2 - 2.25||2 - 2.5|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||3.25 +||4.5 +||5 +||7 +|
|Economix® Active™||kg||1.75 - 2||2 - 2.5||3 - 3.25||3.5 - 4|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||1 - 1.5||1.5 - 1.75||2 - 2.5||2.5 - 3|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||3.25 +||4.5 +||5 +||6 +|
|Economix® Active™||kg||2 - 2.5||2.5 - 3||3.5 - 4||4 - 4.5|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||1.5 - 2||2 - 2.5||2.5 - 3||3 - 3.5|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||3.25 +||4.5 +||5.5 +||6.5 +|
|Economix® Active™||kg||2.5 - 3||3 - 3.5||4 - 4.5||5 - 5.5|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||2 - 2.5||2.5 - 3||3 - 3.5||3.5 - 4|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||3.25 +||4.5 +||5.5 +||6.5 +|
Roughage (hay, chaff, pasture etc) should be fed at 1-1.5% of bodyweight. Amounts above are a guide. Total daily feed (concentrate + roughage) should be 2-3% of bodyweight depending on age, workload & climate. Refer to the exercise calculator to determine classification of workload. *Oaten or wheaten chaff or hay or pasture. *Oaten or wheaten chaff or hay or pasture. The feeding guides are for temperate climates. In tropical climates increase the amount of Economix Active®.
|NUTRIENT LEVELS in 1kg|
Our latest posts See all
Mitavite® Xtra-Cool® is the ideal choice for horses and ponies in light to medium work and for those horses or ponies that can’t tolerate, or don’t require high energy feeds. Xtra-Cool® contains a balanced formulation of vitamins, minerals, electrolytes and oils so you can be sure you are providing your horse or pony with the best in nutritional support without that heating effect.
Unique Features of Xtra-Cool
• Cool, non-heating formula
• Complete with vitamins, minerals and electrolytes
• Highly palatable & fully steam extruded
• Extra Magnesium for that calming effect
Choose Xtra-Cool when
• Your horse or pony is in light to medium exercise
• You horse can’t tolerate high grain rations
• You need a feed that keeps your horse looking good
• You need an economical, cool ration for spellers or breakers
Mitavite® Munga® is an economical, palatable, concentrated, low starch, gluten free muesli with no added grains that provides optimum levels of high quality, easily digested protein, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes that provides a balanced ration when fed to suggested levels with adequate roughage. It is ideal for all horses needing more top line and muscle and for sport, show and performance horses that can't tolerate high grain rations. It is an ideal choice for horses and ponies that are good doers that can easily become overweight or are prone to laminitis. If more energy is needed, steam extruded grains, Vitamite® Power-On® or vegetable oil can be added to the ration.
Unique Features of Mitavite Munga
• Low starch level of 5.2%
• Palatable, muesli style formulation with a low feeding rate
• Contains Bonafide®, Mitavite’s exclusive Vitamin K supplement that supports bone density and good health
• Contains high levels of Essential Amino Acids
• No added grains
• Munga can be feed alone or added to a base ration to improve the integrity of the diet.
Choose Mitavite Munga when
• Your horse is in light to medium work and would benefit from a concentrated source of protein, vitamins and minerals but without the energy of carbohydrates
• Your horse requires a better topline or more lean muscle development for good health and presentation
• Your horse fizzes up on grain based feeds
• Your horse or pony is prone to, or suffering from laminitis and requires a low starch diet.
This product contains BONAFIDE®
Mitavite® Gumnuts® is Australia’s original and most trusted feed especially formulated for aged horses and ponies. Highly nutritious, palatable and safe to feed, Gumnuts® provides a unique balance of vitamins and minerals specifically formulated to address the challenges of old age. Omega 3 oils, antioxidants and essential amino acids are provided in a highly digestible form. Gumnuts® reduces to a soft mash when water is added.
Unique Features of Mitavite Gumnuts
- Fully steam extruded to maximise digestibility and nutrient utilization
- Nutrient dense to provide optimal nutrition for older horses and ponies
- Contains Bonafide® to support bone density
Choose Mitavite Gumnuts when
- Your cherished old horse or pony is struggling to maintain muscle mass and topline.
- Your older horse has poor teeth and needs his feed softened to a mash
- You horse needs the support of a premium feed during the colder months or when pasture is limited.
- Digestive function is compromised
Mitavite® Cool Crusada® raises the bar in the delivery of premium nutrition for sport horses and ponies across all performance disciplines. Adopting the latest research in equine nutrition and feed technology, Cool Crusada® delivers across all measurables and provides additional support for horses’ critical systems including:
- Energy is provided by ingredients that are delivered via 3 separate digestive systems, providing a balanced combination of fast acting, medium and slow release energies.
- Super-Fibres provide support for hind gut function whilst supplying a cool energy source.
- Mitavite’s® revolutionary supplement Bonafide® is included to support bone and cartilage integrity, and assist in maintaining soundness.
Cool Crusada® is a highly palatable muesli style feed, and it is a complete feed, which means you just add fibre and/or pasture. It is nutrient rich with an economical feeding rate, which suits those looking for a total nutritional feed for the sport horse or pony in medium to hard work or competition. And being super cool…it won’t make your horse fizzy.
Unique features of Mitavite Cool Crusada®
• Highly palatable muesli style complete feed
• Nutrient rich with an economical feeding rate
• Contains Bonafide® to support bone density and soundness
• Contains Super Fibres for cool energy and condition
Choose Mitavite Cool Crusada® when
• Your horse is in medium to hard work or competition
• You prefer a muesli style feed
• Your horse can get fizzy on traditional feeds
• You are looking for a total nutritional package for your sport horse or pony
• You want your horse to have the support of Bonafide® every day
Fibre-Beet® recognizes the fact that horses evolved principally to eat grass which contains 80 to 90% water. Fibre-Beet® is designed to be fed as a wet feed (liquid diet) which is the most natural way to feed your horse. By combining Alfalfa and Speedi-Beet® together into one easy to use unique lozenge shape, Fibre-Beet® offers an excellent source of highly digestible fibre in a liquid form and provides your horse with slow release energy without fizz. Formulated using all the benefits of Speedi-Beet® incorporated with good quality alfalfa. An ideal soft feed for recovering or veteran horses and ponies where maintaining condition is often difficult and teeth may be in poor condition.
Unique Features of Fibre-Beet
• Provides a cool, slow release energy source
• Well digested in the hindgut – Beet pulp is approximately 80% digested in the hindgut
• Laminitis trust approved feed
• 95% Sugar Free, 3% starch level
• Short soaking time – soak for 45 minutes in cold water immediately prior to feeding
• Formulated using all the benefits of SpeediBeet incorporated with good quality alfalfa.
• It contains a combination of fibre sources and provides an ideal fermentation substrate to maximise the fermentation of fibre.
Enhancing the racing diet using super fibres
• High energy fibre source
• Pectins in beet pulp protect the stomach lining, reducing the risk of gastric ulcers
• Helps horses hold condition through a preparation
• Soaked feed aids rapid rehydration
• Beet pulp improves muscle recovery rates after exercise
Beet fibre is particularly suited for horses in hard work or racing. It has high levels of soluble fibre and is broken down almost completely in the hindgut producing high levels of propionic acid (one of the VFA) that is converted to glucose in the cells without stimulating insulin and being converted to glycogen.
Fibre-Beet is a carefully designed blend of highly degradable fibre sources that provide optimum fermentation patterns. High levels of pectin and surfactants can help maintain the mucus linings of the gut whilst the structural fibre absorbs excess stomach acid -helping combat the conditions for ulceration.
Fibre-Beet is fermented to produce high levels of butyric acid, which aids the function of the cells of the gut wall, and low levels of lactic acid, making it an ideal alkaline feed.
Energy and condition
With an effective degradability 50% higher than forage fibre, Fibre-Beet can improve energy intake whilst keeping dietary fibre levels at an optimum.
Choose Fibre-Beet when
• You need an alternative to feeding grains and high starch and sugar roughages. Ideal for:
– Laminitic or foundered horses
– Horses that can become fizzy
– Horses that are prone to tying up
– Horses with Cushings Syndrome
– Horses with Ulcers
• You want to enhance gastrointestinal and microbial health
• You need to dampen the feed for horses with poor teeth
• You are looking for an alternative roughage source when your normal roughage is difficult to source
• You need to keep horses well hydrated. Fibre Beet can help to store water in the hindgut using the hindgut as a water reservoir
• Added Biotin for maintaining hoof integrity
• SpeediBeet and alfalfa have a favourable acid binding capacity so is ideal for horses with ulcers
• You want to put condition onto your horse in a cool, safe manner.
• You want a GM free feed