Premium rice bran based, low GI, gluten-free complete cool feed for all horses in work.
Cool Performer® provides a safe, easily digestible form of cool energy minimising stress on the horse's digestive system, minimising fizzy behaviour. Hypoallergenic and gluten free, Cool Performer® contains high levels of Rice Bran Oil. Cool Performer® is low in starch and a low GI for longer lasting energy and sustained performance.
Containing more energy than the equivalent weight in oats or corn and a comprehensive array of vitamins and minerals, Cool Performer® is a complete feed that has been steam extruded to enhance digestibility in the small intestine to over 90%.
Cool Performer® contains the naturally occurring anti-oxidant Ferulic acid, which plays an important role in protecting cell membranes from damage caused during strenuous exercise and competition. Research suggests that horses fed rice based feeds have a lower resting heart rate, lower lactate accumulation and are more easily managed and controlled. Cool Performer® is ideal for anxious, fizzy horses that need a high level of 'cool' energy. Rice bran based diets such as Cool Performer®, that are low in starch and high in fat show a decrease in the serum CK levels after exercise. When rice bran based diets have been used in clinical and sub clinical trials tying up has decreased. Cool Performer® has unlimited potential for a range of horses providing a comprehensive nutrient profile and cool energy to meet the changing needs and demands of competition horses.
Unique Features of Vitamite Cool Performer
• Rice-bran based high energy complete feed
• Low GI, hypoallergenic and gluten free
• Fully steam extruded-highly digestible
• Slow release energy for sustained performance
Choose Vitamite Cool Performer when
• Your horse’s temperament is improved on a grain free ration
• A slow release energy feed is important
• You prefer a simple feed that provides a complete nutritional package
• Tying Up is a factor in your horses management
Available in 20kg bags.
Steam extruded stabilised rice bran, soybean meal, mineral salts, heat stable vitamins, molasses, chelated mineral proteinates and antioxidants
Daily Feeding Guide
|Daily Feeding Guide|
|Cool Performer®||kg||1.5 - 2||2.5 - 3||3.25 - 3.75||4 - 4.5|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||1.75 - 2||2.25 - 2.5||2.5 - 3||3.25 - 3.75|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||3.25 +||4 +||5 +||6 +|
|Cool Performer®||kg||2.25 - 2.5||3.25 - 3.5||4 - 4.5||4.75 - 5.25|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||2 - 2.5||2.25 - 2.75||2.5 - 3||3.25 - 4.75|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||3.25 +||4 +||5 +||6 +|
|Cool Performer®||kg||2.5 - 3.5||3.5 - 4.5||4.5 - 5||5.5 - 6|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||2 - 2.5||2.5 - 3||3 - 3.5||3.5 - 4|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||3.25 +||4 +||5 +||6 +|
Roughage (hay, chaff, pasture etc) should be fed at 1-1.5% of bodyweight. Amounts above are a guide. Total daily feed (concentrate + roughage) should be 2-3% of bodyweight depending on age, workload & climate. Refer to the exercise calculator to determine classification of workload. *Oaten or wheaten chaff or hay or pasture. *Oaten or wheaten chaff or hay or pasture. The feeding guides are for temperate climates. In tropical climates increase the amount of Cool Performer®.
|ANALYSIS (as fed)|
|ENERGY DE (MJ/KG)||15|
|NUTRIENT LEVELS in 1kg|
Our latest posts See all
An aid in the prevention and treatment of hoof disorders:
- Injured or poor quality hooves, thin brittle walls and thin soles
- Easily bruised heels, poorly formed frogs
- Horses or ponies with laminitis.
- Very palatable formulation
An aid in the prevention and treatment of hoof disorders such as injured or poor quality hooves, thin brittle walls, thin soles, easily bruised heels, poorly formed frogs or laminitis.
The supplement provides all nutrients required to accelerate keratin production. Whilst keratin production happens naturally in response to injury or insult, it can only occur if all nutrients required are available and consumed daily.
It has dramatic effects on the rate of hoof repair and regeneration and unlike many Methionine-containing supplements which deter feeding, this supplement is very palatable. It is also non-siftable which defeats the horse’s ability to leave a portion of powder in the feed.
Dr Biff’s Hoof Supplement contains
Biotin – well recognised as a rate-limiting nutrient for hoof growth and hoof quality.
Methionine – and Cysteine which can be synthesised from it, are the sulphur containing amino acids which are required more by keratin than any other tissue, often deficient when accelerated growth is required.
Zinc – if supply is marginal, tissue with abnormal demand is the first to suffer.
Vitamin E – essential to additional keratin production.
Vitamin A – one of the carotenoids essential to all keratinized tissues, needed mostly by horses not on high quality fresh pasture.
Omega-3 – all membranes, including hoof wall microtubules, and laminae, must have omega-3 to be built with suppleness and strength.
Iodine – iodine- deficient horses often show poor hoof quality
Vitamite® Bonafide® explained:
- The active ingredient in Bonafide® is Quinaquanone, a water soluble, bio-available form of Vitamin K1 & K2.
- Vitamin K1 & K2 has a critical effect on the function of osteocalcin, the bone protein that binds the mineral and protein in bone together. Without sufficient Vitamin K the binding process is incomplete and low density or defective bone and cartilage are produced.
- Vitamin K1 & K2 are naturally available in fresh, growing green pasture but it is highly unstable, being degraded by UV light, wilting or “wintering off”.
- Horses that do not have constant access to high quality pasture are likely to be deficient in Vitamin K, leading to a reduction in bone density and bone strength.
- Horses removed from Vitamin K rich pasture and brought into a box/yard regime have demonstrated a reduction in bone density within 7-10 days.
- There is an established correlation between bone density and the incidence of OCDs and DODs in yearlings and DMD (shinsoreness) in 2 year olds.
- Bonafide® is the first product to contain Quinaquanone, a bioavailable form of Vitamin K1 and K2.
The Mitavite® range of super premium breeding and race feeds now contain Bonafide®. These include the market leading race feeds Formula 3®, Athlete Plus™ and XLR8®, our trusted breeding feeds Breeda®, Promita® and Yearling Prep®, our speciality feed for old horses Gumnuts® and our muesli concentrate Munga®.
Trials have showed a marked increase in bone density on BONAFIDE treated two year olds.
26 Two year old thoroughbred racehorses at commencement of training for racing were divided into two groups. One group 'BONAFIDE' RECEIVED 7MG Vitamin K formulation each day in feed for six months.
The other group “Control” received an apparently identical powder containing no natural Vitamin K.
Digital radiographs of the left third metacarpal bone and an adjacent aluminium step wedge were taken at carious intervals. The radiographic density of the bone and the step wedge wer measured and RBAE (radiographic bone aluminium equivalence) calculated.
At each subsequent measurement the RBAE for each horse was compared to its initial RBAE and the percentage change recorded.
Bonafide is now available in selected Mitavite feeds
The MITAVITE range of super premium breeding, sport and lifestyle and race feeds now contain BONAFIDE.
These include the market leading race feeds FORMULA 3, ATHLETE PLUS, XLR8, ENERGIZA and IMPACTA, our trusted breeding feeds BREEDA, PROMITA and YEARLING PREP, our speciality feed for old horses GUMNUTS and our muesli concentrate MUNGA.
Vitamite® Power-On® is a highly digestible, steam extruded, concentrated rice extract that is suitable to be added to all equine diets to provide high levels of oil and cool energy to assist with conditioning and top line. Power-On® provides a cool, safe, sustained energy level that minimises sugar fluctuations and spikes, compared with raw grains such as corn or barley. Exercising horses benefit from the increased levels of Selenium and Vitamin E that assist with muscle function and the Ferulic Acid found in Power-On® provides natural antioxidants that protect cell membranes from exercise induced damage.
Simply add Power-On® to a Mitavite complete feed or nutrient balancer to:
- Enhance condition for race horses and sport horses in work.
- For poor doers needing more weight.
- To enhance cover on yearlings being prepared for sale or show horses and ponies.
- For horses prone to tying up that need a low starch energy source.
- For fizzy horses needing a cool energy source.
Vitamite® Anazolic® is a potent source of gamma-oryzanol.
Anazolic® is Australia's first registered source of supplementary gamma oryzanol, providing over 1200mg per dose to reach levels necessary for improved appetite.
Gamma Oryzanol, a natural, plant derived anti-oxidant, has been shown to be anabolic and have a protective effect against stress-induced stomach ulcers in other species.
Anazolic® is a valuable nutritional tool for:
- Horses with reduced appetite under hard work or racing
- Yearlings being prepared for sale
- Horses that require more topline and muscling
Registered with APVMA as an appetite stimulant for horses.
Not available in New Zealand.
Lean muscle mass and strong bone is built by providing good quality protein, amino acids and vitamins and minerals that target muscle and bone growth and remodelling. Super Amino 66® contains 66% horse perfect protein and an amino acid profile plus vitamins and minerals that may assist in the development of lean muscle and strong bones.
The 66% horse perfect protein found in Super Amino 66® is complemented by all 10 essential amino acids and increased levels of the valuable branched chain amino acids that may be beneficial in the building and the repair of muscle plus added antioxidants that may be of assistance in enhancing recovery after work.
Super Amino 66® contains a full complement of vitamins and minerals. It is a favourable addition to any horse's ration that need their performance and preparation accelerated and enhanced. If you are serious about performance you need to have one supplement in your feed room and it should be Super Amino 66®.
Race and Performance Horses
• Horse perfect protein and essential amino acids build strong lean muscle
• Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) increase the muscle building power of the feed.
• BCAA may be rapidly converted to energy to contribute to the ‘fuel tank’ during races and competition.
• Antioxidants can reduce oxidative damage after exercise, improving recovery times.
• Bonafide may improve bone geometry and density, that may contribute lowering shin soreness in 2 year olds.
• Essential amino acids and BCAA build good top line and muscle definition.
• Bonafide assists in keeping bones strong and dense.
• Increased nutrients and a horse perfect protein helps to keep older horses in peak condition
Backward Weanlings and Orphaned Foals
• Essential Amino Acids, vitamins, minerals and Bonafide, assists to enhance the growth in height and muscle of young growing horses.
• Correct levels of protein, anti-oxidants, Bonafide, vitamins and minerals help to re-build and
Horses needing more top line and muscle repair
• Good quality protein with the right balance of essential amino acids helps to build lean muscle mass and top line.