Super Food for Sport Horses
Mitavite® Cool Crusada™ raises the bar in the delivery of premium nutrition for sport horses and ponies across all performance disciplines. Adopting the latest research in equine nutrition and feed technology, Cool Crusada™ delivers across all measurables and provides additional support for horses’ critical systems including:
- Energy is provided by ingredients that are delivered via 3 separate digestive systems, providing a balanced combination of fast acting, medium and slow release energies.
- Super-Fibres provide support for hind gut function whilst supplying a cool energy source.
- Mitavite’s® revolutionary supplement Bonafide® is included to support bone and cartilage integrity, and assist in maintaining soundness.
Cool Crusada™ is a highly palatable muesli style feed, and it is a complete feed, which means you just add fibre and/or pasture. It is nutrient rich with an economical feeding rate, which suits those looking for a total nutritional feed for the sport horse or pony in medium to hard work or competition. And being super cool…it won’t make your horse fizzy.
Unique features of Mitavite Cool Crusada™
• Highly palatable muesli style complete feed
• Nutrient rich with an economical feeding rate
• Contains Bonafide® to support bone density and soundness
• Contains Super Fibres for cool energy and condition
Choose Mitavite Cool Crusada when
• Your horse is in medium to hard work or competition
• You prefer a muesli style feed
• Your horse can get fizzy on traditional feeds
• You are looking for a total nutritional package for your sport horse or pony
• You want your horse to have the support of Bonafide® every day
Protein meal and seeds (including lupins, faba beans, soybean meal and canola meal), Cereal and protein hulls, sunflower seeds, sugar beet, corn, molasses, vegetable oils (including Omega 3 and Omgea 9), salts, heat stable vitamins and chelated mineral proteinates, Quinaquanone (the active constituent of Bonafide)
Daily Feeding Guide
|Daily Feeding Guide|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||1||1½||2||2½|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||4+||5+||6+||7+|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||1||1½||2-2½||2½|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||5+||6+||7+||8+|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||1-1½||1½-2||2-2½||2½|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||4½+||5½+||6½+||7½+|
|Medium to Regular Strenuous Work|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||1-1½||1½-2||2-2½||2½|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||4+||5+||6+||7+|
Roughage (hay, chaff, pasture etc) should be fed at 1-1.5% of bodyweight. Amounts above are a guide. Total daily feed (concentrate + roughage) should be 2-3% of bodyweight depending on age, workload & climate. Refer to the exercise calculator to determine classification of workload. *Oaten or wheaten chaff or hay or pasture.
|ANALYSIS (as fed)|
|ENERGY DE (MJ/KG)||12|
|NUTRIENT LEVELS in 1kg|
Our latest posts See all
Vitamite® Power-On® is a highly digestible, steam extruded, concentrated rice extract that is suitable to be added to all equine diets to provide high levels of oil and cool energy to assist with conditioning and top line. Power-On® provides a cool, safe, sustained energy level that minimises sugar fluctuations and spikes, compared with raw grains such as corn or barley. Exercising horses benefit from the increased levels of Selenium and Vitamin E that assist with muscle function and the Ferulic Acid found in Power-On® provides natural antioxidants that protect cell membranes from exercise induced damage.
Simply add Power-On® to a Mitavite complete feed or nutrient balancer to:
- Enhance condition for race horses and sport horses in work.
- For poor doers needing more weight.
- To enhance cover on yearlings being prepared for sale or show horses and ponies.
- For horses prone to tying up that need a low starch energy source.
- For fizzy horses needing a cool energy source.
The choice of champion trainers. Semi-concentrate feed for horses in pre-training or racing. Mitavite Energiza™ is a nutrient dense, high protein, high energy semi-concentrate scientifically formulated to maximise energy delivery, assist the rapid replenishment of muscle fuel stores and to support muscle repair after fast work or racing. From the same family as the highly successful Mitavite Athlete Plus®, Mitavite Energiza™ includes the same potent amino acid profile with the addition of roasted and steam-flaked corn.
Unique Features of Mitavite Energiza®
• The latest in equine feed technology
• Feed alone or add grains as work load increases
• Nutrient dense formulation with added corn
• Contains Bonafide®, Mitavite’s exclusive Vitamin K supplement that supports bone density and soundness
Choose Mitavite Energiza® when
• When you need one ration that will serve your horses well from pre-training through to racing
• You want an ration with a low feeding rate
• You have picky eaters
• You want your horses to have the support of Bonafide® every day
Performa 3® oil helps to keep the balance right by combining Omega 3 rich vegetable and fish oils with added garlic to increase immunity.
Omega 3 oils are a group of unsaturated fatty acids that cannot be synthesised by the horse and are therefore required in the diet. The three essential omega 3 fatty acids are: alpha-linolenic acid which is found in vegetable oils such as canola and linseed. The other longer chain Omega 3 fatty acids are only found in fish oil. These are Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and Docoshohexanoic acid (DHA). As DHA and EPA are absent from plant food sources and the conversion of alpha-linolenic acid to DHA and EPA is inefficient the most direct way of providing these valuable long chain Omega 3 oils is by supplementation. Performa 3 oil provides serious levels of DHA and EPA.
Research in human and animal nutritional have provided many advantages for feeding Omega 3 rich oils, particularly DHA and EPA.
- Omega 6 oils have a pro-inflammatory affect on joints, skin and hooves. By moving the balance of power to the Omega 3 oils inflammatory responses are reduced.
- Research on horses supplemented with fish oil found the horses had lower heart rates and lower packed cells volumes during exercise. This can have a favourable impact on the time to fatigue.
- Omega 3 supplementation enhances red blood cell formation, suppleness and flexibility. There is an improvement in blood vessel strength, elasticity of connective tissue and membrane flexibility with Omega 3 supplementation.
- Lung health improves due to decreased inflammation and improved blood circulation. This can be beneficial for horses with exercise induced pulmonary haemorrhaging.
- Omega 3 supplementation increases insulin sensitivity. This increases the uptake and storage of glucose and ultimately the energy available to the horse.
- Bone and lipid metabolism is improved when Omega 3 fatty acids are used.
- Cartilage degradation and the pain and inflammation associated with degenerative joint disease such as arthritis is reduced with Omega 3 supplementation.
- Anxiety and anti-stress responses are reduced with fish oil supplementation, including improvement in nervous system structure and function.
- DHA-rich Omega 3 supplements are beneficial to the breeding stallion by enhancing fertility and improving sperm motility when the semen has been frozen.
Mitavite® Promita® is a concentrated feed balancer that provides high levels of quality, easily digested protein in a horse specific amino acid profile, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes. Promita® is an ideal additive to diets at critical growth periods in young stock, mares in the last 3-4 months of pregnancy and during lactation, horses recovering from injury or surgery, or when high quality pasture is available.
Unique Features of Promita
• Concentrated, high protein balancer
• Fully steam extruded for optimum digestibility
• High levels of Essential Amino acids
• Contains Bonafide®, Mitavite’s exclusive Vitamin K supplement that supports bone density and good health
Choose Promita when
• Your horse has access to good pasture but you want to make sure all essential nutrients are provided in the diet
• You need a low starch concentrate that will support optimal bone and muscle development in your foals and youngstock, with a low feeding rate.
• You want your horse to have the support of Bonafide® every day.
• You are looking for a simple feeding solution to suit all horses in your care
Fibre-Beet® recognizes the fact that horses evolved principally to eat grass which contains 80 to 90% water. Fibre-Beet® is designed to be fed as a wet feed (liquid diet) which is the most natural way to feed your horse. By combining Alfalfa and Speedi-Beet® together into one easy to use unique lozenge shape, Fibre-Beet® offers an excellent source of highly digestible fibre in a liquid form and provides your horse with slow release energy without fizz. Formulated using all the benefits of Speedi-Beet® incorporated with good quality alfalfa. An ideal soft feed for recovering or veteran horses and ponies where maintaining condition is often difficult and teeth may be in poor condition.
Unique Features of Fibre-Beet
• Provides a cool, slow release energy source
• Well digested in the hindgut – Beet pulp is approximately 80% digested in the hindgut
• Laminitis trust approved feed
• Unmolassed – 95% Sugar Free, 3% starch level
• Short soaking time – soak for 45 minutes in cold water immediately prior to feeding
• Formulated using all the benefits of SpeediBeet incorporated with good quality alfalfa.
• It contains a combination of fibre sources and provides an ideal fermentation substrate to maximise the fermentation of fibre.
Enhancing the racing diet using super fibres
• High energy fibre source
• Pectins in beet pulp protect the stomach lining, reducing the risk of gastric ulcers
• Helps horses hold condition through a preparation
• Soaked feed aids rapid rehydration
• Beet pulp improves muscle recovery rates after exercise
Beet fibre is particularly suited for horses in hard work or racing. It has high levels of soluble fibre and is broken down almost completely in the hindgut producing high levels of propionic acid (one of the VFA) that is converted to glucose in the cells without stimulating insulin and being converted to glycogen.
Fibre-Beet is a carefully designed blend of highly degradable fibre sources that provide optimum fermentation patterns. High levels of pectin and surfactants can help maintain the mucus linings of the gut whilst the structural fibre absorbs excess stomach acid -helping combat the conditions for ulceration.
Fibre-Beet is fermented to produce high levels of butyric acid, which aids the function of the cells of the gut wall, and low levels of lactic acid, making it an ideal alkaline feed.
Energy and condition
With an effective degradability 50% higher than forage fibre, Fibre-Beet can improve energy intake whilst keeping dietary fibre levels at an optimum.
Choose Fibre-Beet when
• You need an alternative to feeding grains and high starch and sugar roughages. Ideal for:
– Laminitic or foundered horses
– Horses that can become fizzy
– Horses that are prone to tying up
– Horses with Cushings Syndrome
– Horses with Ulcers
• You want to enhance gastrointestinal and microbial health
• You need to dampen the feed for horses with poor teeth
• You are looking for an alternative roughage source when your normal roughage is difficult to source
• You need to keep horses well hydrated. Fibre Beet can help to store water in the hindgut using the hindgut as a water reservoir
• Added Biotin for maintaining hoof integrity
• SpeediBeet and alfalfa have a favourable acid binding capacity so is ideal for horses with ulcers
• You want to put condition onto your horse in a cool, safe manner.
• You want a GM free feed