Super Food for Sport Horses
Mitavite® Cool Crusada® raises the bar in the delivery of premium nutrition for sport horses and ponies across all performance disciplines. Adopting the latest research in equine nutrition and feed technology, Cool Crusada® delivers across all measurables and provides additional support for horses’ critical systems including:
- Energy is provided by ingredients that are delivered via 3 separate digestive systems, providing a balanced combination of fast acting, medium and slow release energies.
- Super-Fibres provide support for hind gut function whilst supplying a cool energy source.
- Mitavite’s® revolutionary supplement Bonafide® is included to support bone and cartilage integrity, and assist in maintaining soundness.
Cool Crusada® is a highly palatable muesli style feed, and it is a complete feed, which means you just add fibre and/or pasture. It is nutrient rich with an economical feeding rate, which suits those looking for a total nutritional feed for the sport horse or pony in medium to hard work or competition. And being super cool…it won’t make your horse fizzy.
Unique features of Mitavite Cool Crusada®
• Highly palatable muesli style complete feed
• Nutrient rich with an economical feeding rate
• Contains Bonafide® to support bone density and soundness
• Contains Super Fibres for cool energy and condition
Choose Mitavite Cool Crusada® when
• Your horse is in medium to hard work or competition
• You prefer a muesli style feed
• Your horse can get fizzy on traditional feeds
• You are looking for a total nutritional package for your sport horse or pony
• You want your horse to have the support of Bonafide® every day
Protein meal and seeds (including lupins, faba beans, soybean meal and canola meal), Cereal and protein hulls, sunflower seeds, sugar beet, corn, molasses, vegetable oils (including Omega 3 and Omgea 9), salts, heat stable vitamins and chelated mineral proteinates, Quinaquanone (the active constituent of Bonafide)
Daily Feeding Guide
|Daily Feeding Guide|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||1||1½||2||2½|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||4+||5+||6+||7+|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||1||1½||2-2½||2½|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||5+||6+||7+||8+|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||1-1½||1½-2||2-2½||2½|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||4½+||5½+||6½+||7½+|
|Medium to Regular Strenuous Work|
|Lucerne chaff or hay||kg||1-1½||1½-2||2-2½||2½|
|Cereal or pasture*||kg||4+||5+||6+||7+|
Roughage (hay, chaff, pasture etc) should be fed at 1-1.5% of bodyweight. Amounts above are a guide. Total daily feed (concentrate + roughage) should be 2-3% of bodyweight depending on age, workload & climate. Refer to the exercise calculator to determine classification of workload. *Oaten or wheaten chaff or hay or pasture.
|ANALYSIS (as fed)|
|ENERGY DE (MJ/KG)||12|
|NUTRIENT LEVELS in 1kg|
Our latest posts See all
Dr Biff’s® Vits & Trace Mins provides a balanced source of essential nutrients when only hay or dry pasture is able to be fed. Suitable for horses that cannot have access to good quality pasture or who are unable to tolerate dietary starch or sugars.
Important: Ensure sufficient fibre is fed in the form of pasture, hay, chaff or Speedi-Beet®
Choose Dr Biff’s® Vits & Trace Mins when
- Your horse or pony needs to reduce excessive weight
- Your horse or pony is prone to, or suffering from Laminitis
- You need to support a low-starch low-sugar diets e.g. in Metabolic Syndrome, PSSM
- You need to add nutritional value to a high fibre-high fat ration
The ultimate high protein nutritional package. Lean muscle mass and strong bone is built by providing good quality protein, amino acids and vitamins and minerals that target muscle and bone growth.
Vitamite® Super Amino 66® contains 66% protein with a unique, horse specific amino acid profile, containing all 10 essential amino acids (EAA) and increased levels of the valuable Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) that may be beneficial in the building and the repair of muscle. This unique corrective additive is possibly the most concentrated high protein supplement ever created for horses.
Vitamite® Super Amino 66® contains high levels of vitamins and trace minerals to assist in the development of lean muscle and strong bones and assist in enhancing recovery after work.
Vitamite® Super Amino 66® is the one essential supplement you need in your feed room for:
- Performance & racing horses needing assistance with overall recovery, health, muscle growth and repair
- Poorly conditioned horses
- Horses needing increased top line & muscle mass
- Horses recovering from surgery or injury
- Yearling preparation
- Orphan & backward foals, lagging weanlings & yearlings plus poor milking mares.
- Lean muscle mass and strong bone building by providing good quality protein, amino acids, vitamins and minerals
Other uses include:
- Contains Bonafide® to support strong bones, tendons and ligaments
- Concentrated nutrition for horses under heavy training or needing quick recovery
- Show / Sale preparation - when topline muscle and overall muscle condition is needed
- Feed after illness or surgery – just add roughage
- Feed when your horse is lacking stamina
Race and Performance Horses
- Horse perfect protein and essential amino acids build strong lean muscle
- Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) increase the muscle building power of the feed.
- BCAA may be rapidly converted to energy to contribute to the ‘fuel tank’ during races and competition.
- Antioxidants can reduce oxidative damage after exercise, improving recovery times.
- Bonafide® may improve bone geometry and density, that may contribute lowering shin soreness in 2 year olds.
- Essential amino acids and BCAA build good top line and muscle definition.
- Bonafide® assists in keeping bones strong and dense.
- Increased nutrients and a horse perfect protein helps to keep older horses in peak condition
Backward Weanlings and Orphaned Foals
- Essential Amino Acids, vitamins, minerals and Bonafide®, assists to enhance the growth in height and muscle of young growing horses.
- Correct levels of protein, anti-oxidants, Bonafide®, vitamins and minerals help to re-build and
Horses needing more top line and muscle repair
- Good quality protein with the right balance of essential amino acids helps to build lean muscle mass and top line.
Available in 3kg, 10kg & 20kg varieties.
Fibre-Beet® recognizes the fact that horses evolved principally to eat grass which contains 80 to 90% water. Fibre-Beet® is designed to be fed as a wet feed (liquid diet) which is the most natural way to feed your horse. By combining Alfalfa and Speedi-Beet® together into one easy to use unique lozenge shape, Fibre-Beet® offers an excellent source of highly digestible fibre in a liquid form and provides your horse with slow release energy without fizz. Formulated using all the benefits of Speedi-Beet® incorporated with good quality alfalfa. An ideal soft feed for recovering or veteran horses and ponies where maintaining condition is often difficult and teeth may be in poor condition.
Unique Features of Fibre-Beet
• Provides a cool, slow release energy source
• Well digested in the hindgut – Beet pulp is approximately 80% digested in the hindgut
• Laminitis trust approved feed
• 95% Sugar Free, 3% starch level
• Short soaking time – soak for 45 minutes in cold water immediately prior to feeding
• Formulated using all the benefits of SpeediBeet incorporated with good quality alfalfa.
• It contains a combination of fibre sources and provides an ideal fermentation substrate to maximise the fermentation of fibre.
Enhancing the racing diet using super fibres
• High energy fibre source
• Pectins in beet pulp protect the stomach lining, reducing the risk of gastric ulcers
• Helps horses hold condition through a preparation
• Soaked feed aids rapid rehydration
• Beet pulp improves muscle recovery rates after exercise
Beet fibre is particularly suited for horses in hard work or racing. It has high levels of soluble fibre and is broken down almost completely in the hindgut producing high levels of propionic acid (one of the VFA) that is converted to glucose in the cells without stimulating insulin and being converted to glycogen.
Fibre-Beet is a carefully designed blend of highly degradable fibre sources that provide optimum fermentation patterns. High levels of pectin and surfactants can help maintain the mucus linings of the gut whilst the structural fibre absorbs excess stomach acid -helping combat the conditions for ulceration.
Fibre-Beet is fermented to produce high levels of butyric acid, which aids the function of the cells of the gut wall, and low levels of lactic acid, making it an ideal alkaline feed.
Energy and condition
With an effective degradability 50% higher than forage fibre, Fibre-Beet can improve energy intake whilst keeping dietary fibre levels at an optimum.
Choose Fibre-Beet when
• You need an alternative to feeding grains and high starch and sugar roughages. Ideal for:
– Laminitic or foundered horses
– Horses that can become fizzy
– Horses that are prone to tying up
– Horses with Cushings Syndrome
– Horses with Ulcers
• You want to enhance gastrointestinal and microbial health
• You need to dampen the feed for horses with poor teeth
• You are looking for an alternative roughage source when your normal roughage is difficult to source
• You need to keep horses well hydrated. Fibre Beet can help to store water in the hindgut using the hindgut as a water reservoir
• Added Biotin for maintaining hoof integrity
• SpeediBeet and alfalfa have a favourable acid binding capacity so is ideal for horses with ulcers
• You want to put condition onto your horse in a cool, safe manner.
• You want a GM free feed
An aid in the prevention and treatment of hoof disorders:
- Injured or poor quality hooves, thin brittle walls and thin soles
- Easily bruised heels, poorly formed frogs
- Horses or ponies with laminitis.
- Very palatable formulation
An aid in the prevention and treatment of hoof disorders such as injured or poor quality hooves, thin brittle walls, thin soles, easily bruised heels, poorly formed frogs or laminitis.
The supplement provides all nutrients required to accelerate keratin production. Whilst keratin production happens naturally in response to injury or insult, it can only occur if all nutrients required are available and consumed daily.
It has dramatic effects on the rate of hoof repair and regeneration and unlike many Methionine - containing supplements which deter feeding, this supplement is very palatable. It is also non-siftable which defeats the horse’s ability to leave a portion of powder in the feed.
Dr Biff’s™ Hoof Supplement contains
Biotin – well recognised as a rate-limiting nutrient for hoof growth and hoof quality.
Methionine – and Cysteine which can be synthesised from it, are the sulphur containing amino acids which are required more by keratin than any other tissue, often deficient when accelerated growth is required.
Zinc – if supply is marginal, tissue with abnormal demand is the first to suffer.
Vitamin E – essential to additional keratin production.
Vitamin A – one of the carotenoids essential to all keratinized tissues, needed mostly by horses not on high quality fresh pasture.
Omega-3 – all membranes, including hoof wall microtubules, and laminae, must have omega-3 to be built with suppleness and strength.
Iodine – iodine- deficient horses often show poor hoof quality
Vitamite® Show Primer® is a cool, low dose, high oil supplement for use when prize winning condition and presentation is required. Suitable and safe for horses and ponies, Show Primer® is highly palatable and easy to use in conjunction with your horse's usual diet.
Contains Echinaea Herbs
Show Primer® contains added Echinacea herbs for all-round good health and wellbeing. Trials have show that Echinacea supplementation can act as a blood booster by increasing the concentration of red blood cells in horses, supporting oxygen supply.
Magnesium is an important electrolyte that has a role in the metabolism of bone and energy in the horse. Cool, calm behaviour can be encouraged by providing the correct level of Magnesium in the diet, as deficiencies may have a negative impact on the nervous system.
Unique Features of Vitamite Show Primer
• High oil palatable rice bran based supplement
• Low GI and low gluten levels
• Contains Echinacea herbs to support good health
• Contains extra magnesium for that calming effect
Choose Vitamite Show Primer when
• You horse needs to add weight and condition
• Prize winning presentation is important to you
• You want a cool energy source
• You don’t want to fizz up your horse or pony