To support bone integrity in youngstock & performance horses.
Vitamite® Bonafide® explained:
- The active ingredient in Bonafide® is Quinaquanone, a water soluble, bio-available form of Vitamin K1 & K2.
- Vitamin K1 & K2 has a critical effect on the function of osteocalcin, the bone protein that binds the mineral and protein in bone together. Without sufficient Vitamin K the binding process is incomplete and low density or defective bone and cartilage are produced.
- Vitamin K1 & K2 are naturally available in fresh, growing green pasture but it is highly unstable, being degraded by UV light, wilting or “wintering off”.
- Horses that do not have constant access to high quality pasture are likely to be deficient in Vitamin K, leading to a reduction in bone density and bone strength.
- Horses removed from Vitamin K rich pasture and brought into a box/yard regime have demonstrated a reduction in bone density within 7-10 days.
- There is an established correlation between bone density and the incidence of OCDs and DODs in yearlings and DMD (shinsoreness) in 2 year olds.
- Bonafide® is the first product to contain Quinaquanone, a bioavailable form of Vitamin K1 and K2.
The Mitavite® range of super premium breeding and race feeds now contain Bonafide®. These include the market leading race feeds Formula 3®, Athlete Plus™ and XLR8®, our trusted breeding feeds Breeda®, Promita® and Yearling Prep®, our speciality feed for old horses Gumnuts® and our muesli concentrate Munga®.
Trials have showed a marked increase in bone density on BONAFIDE treated two year olds.
26 Two year old thoroughbred racehorses at commencement of training for racing were divided into two groups. One group 'BONAFIDE' RECEIVED 7MG Vitamin K formulation each day in feed for six months.
The other group “Control” received an apparently identical powder containing no natural Vitamin K.
Digital radiographs of the left third metacarpal bone and an adjacent aluminium step wedge were taken at carious intervals. The radiographic density of the bone and the step wedge wer measured and RBAE (radiographic bone aluminium equivalence) calculated.
At each subsequent measurement the RBAE for each horse was compared to its initial RBAE and the percentage change recorded.
Bonafide is now available in selected Mitavite feeds
The MITAVITE range of super premium breeding, sport and lifestyle and race feeds now contain BONAFIDE.
These include the market leading race feeds FORMULA 3, ATHLETE PLUS, XLR8, ENERGIZA and IMPACTA, our trusted breeding feeds BREEDA, PROMITA and YEARLING PREP, our speciality feed for old horses GUMNUTS and our muesli concentrate MUNGA.
Available in 1.5kg, 3kg & 12kg varieties.
Our latest posts See all
The ultimate high protein nutritional package. Lean muscle mass and strong bone is built by providing good quality protein, amino acids and vitamins and minerals that target muscle and bone growth.
Vitamite® Super Amino 66® contains 66% protein with a unique, horse specific amino acid profile, containing all 10 essential amino acids (EAA) and increased levels of the valuable Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) that may be beneficial in the building and the repair of muscle. This unique corrective additive is possibly the most concentrated high protein supplement ever created for horses.
Vitamite® Super Amino 66® contains high levels of vitamins and trace minerals to assist in the development of lean muscle and strong bones and assist in enhancing recovery after work.
Vitamite® Super Amino 66® is the one essential supplement you need in your feed room for:
- Performance & racing horses needing assistance with overall recovery, health, muscle growth and repair
- Poorly conditioned horses
- Horses needing increased top line & muscle mass
- Horses recovering from surgery or injury
- Yearling preparation
- Orphan & backward foals, lagging weanlings & yearlings plus poor milking mares.
- Lean muscle mass and strong bone building by providing good quality protein, amino acids, vitamins and minerals
Other uses include:
- Contains Bonafide® to support strong bones, tendons and ligaments
- Concentrated nutrition for horses under heavy training or needing quick recovery
- Show / Sale preparation - when topline muscle and overall muscle condition is needed
- Feed after illness or surgery – just add roughage
- Feed when your horse is lacking stamina
Race and Performance Horses
- Horse perfect protein and essential amino acids build strong lean muscle
- Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) increase the muscle building power of the feed.
- BCAA may be rapidly converted to energy to contribute to the ‘fuel tank’ during races and competition.
- Antioxidants can reduce oxidative damage after exercise, improving recovery times.
- Bonafide® may improve bone geometry and density, that may contribute lowering shin soreness in 2 year olds.
- Essential amino acids and BCAA build good top line and muscle definition.
- Bonafide® assists in keeping bones strong and dense.
- Increased nutrients and a horse perfect protein helps to keep older horses in peak condition
Backward Weanlings and Orphaned Foals
- Essential Amino Acids, vitamins, minerals and Bonafide®, assists to enhance the growth in height and muscle of young growing horses.
- Correct levels of protein, anti-oxidants, Bonafide®, vitamins and minerals help to re-build and
Horses needing more top line and muscle repair
- Good quality protein with the right balance of essential amino acids helps to build lean muscle mass and top line.
Available in 3kg, 10kg & 20kg varieties.
Fibre-Beet® recognizes the fact that horses evolved principally to eat grass which contains 80 to 90% water. Fibre-Beet® is designed to be fed as a wet feed (liquid diet) which is the most natural way to feed your horse. By combining Alfalfa and Speedi-Beet® together into one easy to use unique lozenge shape, Fibre-Beet® offers an excellent source of highly digestible fibre in a liquid form and provides your horse with slow release energy without fizz. Formulated using all the benefits of Speedi-Beet® incorporated with good quality alfalfa. An ideal soft feed for recovering or veteran horses and ponies where maintaining condition is often difficult and teeth may be in poor condition.
Unique Features of Fibre-Beet
• Provides a cool, slow release energy source
• Well digested in the hindgut – Beet pulp is approximately 80% digested in the hindgut
• Laminitis trust approved feed
• 95% Sugar Free, 3% starch level
• Short soaking time – soak for 45 minutes in cold water immediately prior to feeding
• Formulated using all the benefits of SpeediBeet incorporated with good quality alfalfa.
• It contains a combination of fibre sources and provides an ideal fermentation substrate to maximise the fermentation of fibre.
Enhancing the racing diet using super fibres
• High energy fibre source
• Pectins in beet pulp protect the stomach lining, reducing the risk of gastric ulcers
• Helps horses hold condition through a preparation
• Soaked feed aids rapid rehydration
• Beet pulp improves muscle recovery rates after exercise
Beet fibre is particularly suited for horses in hard work or racing. It has high levels of soluble fibre and is broken down almost completely in the hindgut producing high levels of propionic acid (one of the VFA) that is converted to glucose in the cells without stimulating insulin and being converted to glycogen.
Fibre-Beet is a carefully designed blend of highly degradable fibre sources that provide optimum fermentation patterns. High levels of pectin and surfactants can help maintain the mucus linings of the gut whilst the structural fibre absorbs excess stomach acid -helping combat the conditions for ulceration.
Fibre-Beet is fermented to produce high levels of butyric acid, which aids the function of the cells of the gut wall, and low levels of lactic acid, making it an ideal alkaline feed.
Energy and condition
With an effective degradability 50% higher than forage fibre, Fibre-Beet can improve energy intake whilst keeping dietary fibre levels at an optimum.
Choose Fibre-Beet when
• You need an alternative to feeding grains and high starch and sugar roughages. Ideal for:
– Laminitic or foundered horses
– Horses that can become fizzy
– Horses that are prone to tying up
– Horses with Cushings Syndrome
– Horses with Ulcers
• You want to enhance gastrointestinal and microbial health
• You need to dampen the feed for horses with poor teeth
• You are looking for an alternative roughage source when your normal roughage is difficult to source
• You need to keep horses well hydrated. Fibre Beet can help to store water in the hindgut using the hindgut as a water reservoir
• Added Biotin for maintaining hoof integrity
• SpeediBeet and alfalfa have a favourable acid binding capacity so is ideal for horses with ulcers
• You want to put condition onto your horse in a cool, safe manner.
• You want a GM free feed
An aid in the prevention and treatment of hoof disorders:
- Injured or poor quality hooves, thin brittle walls and thin soles
- Easily bruised heels, poorly formed frogs
- Horses or ponies with laminitis.
- Very palatable formulation
An aid in the prevention and treatment of hoof disorders such as injured or poor quality hooves, thin brittle walls, thin soles, easily bruised heels, poorly formed frogs or laminitis.
The supplement provides all nutrients required to accelerate keratin production. Whilst keratin production happens naturally in response to injury or insult, it can only occur if all nutrients required are available and consumed daily.
It has dramatic effects on the rate of hoof repair and regeneration and unlike many Methionine - containing supplements which deter feeding, this supplement is very palatable. It is also non-siftable which defeats the horse’s ability to leave a portion of powder in the feed.
Dr Biff’s™ Hoof Supplement contains
Biotin – well recognised as a rate-limiting nutrient for hoof growth and hoof quality.
Methionine – and Cysteine which can be synthesised from it, are the sulphur containing amino acids which are required more by keratin than any other tissue, often deficient when accelerated growth is required.
Zinc – if supply is marginal, tissue with abnormal demand is the first to suffer.
Vitamin E – essential to additional keratin production.
Vitamin A – one of the carotenoids essential to all keratinized tissues, needed mostly by horses not on high quality fresh pasture.
Omega-3 – all membranes, including hoof wall microtubules, and laminae, must have omega-3 to be built with suppleness and strength.
Iodine – iodine- deficient horses often show poor hoof quality
Vitamite® Show Primer® is a cool, low dose, high oil supplement for use when prize winning condition and presentation is required. Suitable and safe for horses and ponies, Show Primer® is highly palatable and easy to use in conjunction with your horse's usual diet.
Contains Echinaea Herbs
Show Primer® contains added Echinacea herbs for all-round good health and wellbeing. Trials have show that Echinacea supplementation can act as a blood booster by increasing the concentration of red blood cells in horses, supporting oxygen supply.
Magnesium is an important electrolyte that has a role in the metabolism of bone and energy in the horse. Cool, calm behaviour can be encouraged by providing the correct level of Magnesium in the diet, as deficiencies may have a negative impact on the nervous system.
Unique Features of Vitamite Show Primer
• High oil palatable rice bran based supplement
• Low GI and low gluten levels
• Contains Echinacea herbs to support good health
• Contains extra magnesium for that calming effect
Choose Vitamite Show Primer when
• You horse needs to add weight and condition
• Prize winning presentation is important to you
• You want a cool energy source
• You don’t want to fizz up your horse or pony
After completing extensive trials with leading trainers over the past few months Mitavite are set to release a new version of the product from Monday January 29th 2018.
Athlete+® has been the trusted choice of many leading trainers over many years and has provided the nutritional support for countless superstars of the turf. The contribution of Athlete+ in the diets of race horses is well known and this has contributed to the product’s incredible success.
Athlete+®’s nutrient and amino acid rich formula takes the guess work out of the complex side of the ration, allowing trainers to adjust grain and fibre levels to suit individual horses.
The dominance and success of Athlete+® has been the envy of many feed companies, with Athlete+® seeing off many failed imitations.
While the Nutritional analysis of Athlete+® remains the same, innovations adopted by the Mitavite Nutrition and Production teams has resulted in a more consistent, friable texture that better withstands variation in temperature and humidity and makes the product easier to blend with grains and fibres.
Mitavite® Athlete Plus® is rich in scientifically balanced nutrients, trace minerals and electrolytes and is packed with high levels of essential amino acids in a horse specific profile to assist with the rapid replenishment of fuel stores and to aid recovery and muscle repair after fast work or racing. When mixed with grains, the palatable muesli style formulation of Athlete Plus® provides a complete ration for your high performance equine athlete.
Unique Features of Mitavite Athlete Plus®
- Muesli style base concentrate, packed with essential nutrients
- Mitavite’s exclusive amino acid profile to support athletic performance and recovery
- Contains Bonafide®, Mitavite’s exclusive Vitamin K supplement that supports bone density and soundness
- To 2 kgs per day, just add your choice of grains
Choose Mitavite Athlete Plus® when
- You want to use the feed that champion trainers use
- You want the option to adjust the grain ration for individual horses
- It is important that a concentrate provides all amino acid, vitamin, mineral and electrolyte requirements for racing horses.
- You want your horses to have the support of Bonafide® every day